Yep, that's right, a free 250$ partial scholarship to Power Chord Academy! I won it, but the makers didn't realise that people who don't live in the US DO exist and that they can't make it to the east nor west coast that easily.

Thank you for entering the Ultimate-Guitar.com 'Power Chord Academy Partial Scholarship' Contest.

Congratulations! You have won a $250 Partial Scholarship to a Power Chord Academy session of your choice!!! To claim this partial scholarship, please have your parent or guardian call us at ---------------- immediately. Our 2007 Summer Sessions kick off June 24th, so time is of the essence! This scholarship award expires Friday June 22nd, 2007.

Available program locations include: San Diego, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, St. Louis, Seattle & Boston. Session Dates can be found online at www.powerchordacademy.com

At Power Chord Academy, dedicated musicians ages 12-18 are put through the most inspirational, educational, and intensive week of their young careers. Never before has a program been offered so critically vital to the inherent success of developing musicians.

We look forward to working with you this summer!

Contest Code: Ultimate-Guitar

-Keep Playin' & Never Give Up!

I took out the contact information and all that.

I'm not sure who I'll give it too, either the first person to ask me nicely or someone who amuses me. Also, only ask for it if you really plan on going.

Also, IIRC a full course costs around 1K.

Lastly, if you don't believe me, either just ignore me or accept this topic as a proof (and check the dates): https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608031&highlight=power+chord+academy
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
I've heard it's just crappy advertising from people who actually went, but if you're not planning to go anyway you shouldn't post here. This is for people who want to go with or without scholarship.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
You know you put the "$" before the number right? So its $250.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
^Oh boohoo, I messed up the dollar sign's place.

Don't you have anything better to do? Like I said, I'm not an American, I couldn't care less where the dollar sign goes.

Just get lost if you don't have anything worthy to contribute. I'm just trying to do someone a favour! Last time I try this in the pit.
Just so you know. But even the € sign goes in front of the amount.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Child In Time
Just so you know. But even the € sign goes in front of the amount.

God, yes I know that.

And before anyone even dares, yes I know £ goes before the amount too.

Now scram.

And get a life.
I've received it too. I guess there are no actual "winners", It could just be a hook to make people think they won something special and make some of them get into the academy.
Give it to the poor kid who will just sell it!
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I get the exact same course that they offer(meet other musicians, jam,learn about instrument recording and theory,write song,record it, make video, play live gig) here in a local scheme for 40 pounds and you say a full scolarship for this costs 1k???
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Damn TS your the second person with this issue.

Try 10th. Everyone who entered the competition got one, yet these guys are so naive they thought they actually won. Giving me a $250 coupon still wouldn't convince me to enroll in their program, it's far too expensive for what it offers.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."