i had a play of a les paul bfg i thought it was nice im thinking of getting it for my Bday in a month, i play alot of rock, blues, metal.......................... any thoughts???
its a possibly the best inovation in a few years which is sad, you get a humbucker and a single coil so it has alot more versitility for a les paul, i say if it feels nice and you like it get it
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dnamra13
did you also thought of a epiphone eltist

why THINK of an epi when you can get a real gibson
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
why THINK of an epi when you can get a real gibson

because it is better than low end Gibsons?

PSN ID: ArranP
Had one and didnt like it. Sounded a little wooly and the Pups were s++t IMO. Nice for blues/rock and clean stuff but for heavy stuff it was a bit useless.
I've played a few and loved them all. I would say get it, I'm quite fond of them. I'd rather a BFG over any Epi Elitist, Gibson Studio or special..

People on here think low-price Gibson = crap but really it is the whole point of the guitar. It's all simplified to lower the cost and make it a players guitar. Not a pretty guitar that someone's mummy buys them and they only take it out of the case to show it off and never play it.

I think they're awesome versatile guitars and great value.
Quote by jonnyguitarman
Had one and didnt like it. Sounded a little wooly and the Pups were s++t IMO. Nice for blues/rock and clean stuff but for heavy stuff it was a bit useless.

I got a nice metal tone with one, with the bridge, the p-90 couldnt really handle it, it was say death metal but it was more of your power metal sound, I think the triple recto may have helped matters as well
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
i just don't like paying 900 bucks for an unfinished guitar really, it's pretty versatile, that's for sure though...although you could just get an HH guitar with coil taps...
coil taps really dont replicate a single coil tone
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
i havnt personally played one but i think its a great idea.
the p90 adds versatiliy and the rough look is kinda cool
i would go for it
should handle your musical styles very well
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by dertjoe
its a possibly the best inovation in a few years which is sad, you get a humbucker and a single coil so it has alot more versitility for a les paul, i say if it feels nice and you like it get it

You can't really have all that equipment in your signature. For Real man.

You must be LOADED!
im far from loaded, I just worked alot of crappy construction jobs, hard work, but good cash, I used to have alot more, ive had the V and 800 forever though, that was my first real rig
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210