Hey, yesterday i posted a video to ask whether my sweep picking was OK (deleted now, thanks for the advice). Now i wanna know how my general technique is, this is a beginner to intermediate song i'd say. I'm not after showing off or anything, i just wanna know if i'm doing it right and if not what i need to do. If i'm doing this one right i'll put one of pull harder on the strings of your martyr up, which is an intermediate song. Thanks. Oh, i've been playing for 14 months if that helps you decide whether or not i'm on the right tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NraR-myB9aQ
OK. The first thing that strikes me is your choice of song :P, that definitely needs improvement!

Anyway, being serious, you seem very competant and a good guitarist. You don't mess up and your hands seem relaxed. You could have attempted the lead parts though... That would have given me a better impression.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by TeenBite
OK. The first thing that strikes me is your choice of song :P, that definitely needs improvement!

Anyway, being serious, you seem very competant and a good guitarist. You don't mess up and your hands seem relaxed. You could have attempted the lead parts though... That would have given me a better impression.

My choice of song was due to a girl.

Anyway, thanks. I actually know the lead parts, i thought the bass drum parts were harder though so i stuck with them. Oh and i do mess up, play the wrong chord during the second chorus.
I consider a wrong chord every so often a necessity of guitar playing. Pulling off clean licks is far more important. Hell, I played infront of 400 people last year and even though I was only playing 3 songs, I had chords drawn out big on the floor.

Also, yes, I appreciate that it is hard to pull off tremolo picking at those speeds, but after the first few bars of it you could have joined in with the lead part, as we could tell you were able to perform it.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

i dunno about the rest
400 people? I'd mess up from nerves man. Drawing chords on the floor sounds like a good idea though.
I was the only solo entrant in my school's battle of the bands, and barely anyone knew I even played guitar. I was terrified, but fear gets a bit less the more you play I guess... Just don't come out shredding on your first concert.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

i dunno about the rest
You have pretty good technique, but at times you pick from your fingers (like around the beginning of the song, other parts too, but I'm not watching through it again lol). Pick from your wrist...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch Paul Gilbert
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIOb6u1HKyg). That video does a good job of showing how he picks everything from his wrist (it also does a good job at showing that Paul Gilbert is way too good :P).
That was pretty good, now try playing it that good standing up. It might just be me but playing a song that I can do 100% sitting down, is impossible when I stand up.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by banjo1735
You have pretty good technique, but at times you pick from your fingers (like around the beginning of the song, other parts too, but I'm not watching through it again lol). Pick from your wrist...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch Paul Gilbert
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIOb6u1HKyg). That video does a good job of showing how he picks everything from his wrist (it also does a good job at showing that Paul Gilbert is way too good :P).

Am i? when i play it my thumb and first finger are still. I dunno.