Ordered my Tiny Terror and i have decided im getting a Avatar cab. Im just trying to decide between open or closed back 2x12 and v30's or Greenbacks. Im going to be playing primarily Zeppelin, Gnr, and Aerosmith, and lots of other classic rock. So what do you guys think? open or closed? v30 or greenback?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
i haven't tried greenbacks, but from what i hear, they're a good classic rock speaker. v30's (which i own) aren't really a classic rock speaker.

i'd probably go closed back too, though some cab companies will make you a cab with a removable back, which might be worth a look if it's not too much more money, it'd give you the option of either. I'm not sure if avatar offer it, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Orange cabs are 16 ohm, closed back, with V30's, so that's what you'd want if you wanted to best emulate their products. But I'm with Dave in that I'd prefer other speakers. The Greenbacks are probably a nice choice, one of each is also popular.

One of their options is to wire it up for stereo operation, 8 ohms each side. That would be cool for the TT, and the option I'd probably go for. If not, make sure you get 16 ohm mono.

I prefer an open/ported back, but closed might be best for what you're looking for.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ i'm guessing g12h30 might be worth a look too, i haven't tried those either.

But to everything you said,
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For what you are playing , I like the G12H30's or a mixture of G12H30 x Grenback (leaning more mellow), G12H30 x V-30 ( leaning towards heavier sound). I think 2 Greenbacks will be too mellow for some of the classic rock you are playing. You will probably want a little edge to the sound. IMO

Closed back or see if they will make the back in 2 peice so you can have it closed or not. Of course you can probably mod it yourself.
Quote by MLmaster37
well i definitely trust you *reads posts and sig*
thank you for your help

Over 30 years in the biz. If you are looking for speaker info, I have tried many over the years . So hit me up and I will try to help you younger guys and gals.
I have an Avatar 2x12 that I use with my Orange AD30 and it's the 2-Piece Open back Vintage Cab with G12H30 and V30. I like the 2 piece back because you can change the position of the open slot from top/middle/bottom by moving the pieces up and down. Better range of options depending on the Room and place you play for bass response. We play mainly medium hard rock and classic rock. And the English G12H and V30 sound great. Not quite as good as the Vox Blue Alnico. But that Cab was $1000 and this Avatar cost around $400 with shipping.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus