I've had 2 guitars which are just to cut it short
...not good jus lil custom things from ebay.

N i think i'm at a point where i'm willing to spend a bit o cash on really good one.
I'm into playing metal, like lamb of god, trivium and arch enemy.

I've seen this http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=73086
which seems perfect in my eyes but i'd prefer a 2nd opinion
Learning scales?
I've got: (tabbed in pro)
Major Scale, Pentatonic Major Scale
First off, a lot of people are gonna come in here bashing your use of the word 'metal' in the same sentence as 'Lamb of God' and 'Trivium', in the absence of the word 'not'.

Second, a lot of people are gonna come in here saying that the guitar itself is not bad, and actually has a nice neck. However, the pickups might be just a bit meh-ish, and in that tradition, the bridge is gonna be just a regular sheep.
Last edited by Y00p at Jun 18, 2007,
it's hardly pop/rock, anyway bout the guitar, what kinda pick ups should i be looking out for, i know nothing about them
Learning scales?
Quote by SteLuvsGuitar
it's hardly pop/rock, anyway bout the guitar, what kinda pick ups should i be looking out for, i know nothing about them

Hey, I don't care what the hell you call it... Say it's Symphonic Doom for all I care, I'm just saying, people here will likely take offence.
i know i know, don't want this turning into yet another trivium bashing thread.
I need help with pick ups still...i don't understand the difference between 1 set from another aside from their name
Learning scales?
First off, there's probably no "perfect" guitar until you're ready to spend several thousand pounds. If I were you I'd find a guitar store that has a lot of ESPs (lots of metal bands use them, including Lamb of God and Arch Enemy) and try them out. Ibanez is really good as well, no doubt, but their pickups aren't as good as the rest of the guitar - and if you're not really experienced with guitars you don't really want to spend money on getting new ones. ESPs have better pickups and their guitars are great for playing metal, and I think they qualify as better starter guitars. But go to guitar stores, try as many guitars as possible and ask them to help you out. Spend a lot of time (several months) deciding what kind of guitar you want, and don't consider anything you haven't tried yourself.
I'm a communist. Really.
thanks, lots to take on board there...
had my eyes fully set on that ibanez so i feel i should defend it but i don't know best. looks like i need a trip to sound control...
are pick ups the same problem with schecters?
Learning scales?
if u want an ibanez that can play metal get the model i have a RG5EX1 for an extra 50. but sont change the pickups on them the great
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Quote by Raziel2p
First off, there's probably no "perfect" guitar until you're ready to spend several thousand pounds. If I were you I'd find a guitar store that has a lot of ESPs (lots of metal bands use them, including Lamb of God and Arch Enemy) and try them out. Ibanez is really good as well, no doubt, but their pickups aren't as good as the rest of the guitar - and if you're not really experienced with guitars you don't really want to spend money on getting new ones. ESPs have better pickups and their guitars are great for playing metal, and I think they qualify as better starter guitars. But go to guitar stores, try as many guitars as possible and ask them to help you out. Spend a lot of time (several months) deciding what kind of guitar you want, and don't consider anything you haven't tried yourself.

i have to disagree i tried an esp around the same price range of my ibanez and it sounded like poop
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
I wouldn't take a floyd rose to start with since trivium uses E standard and Drop D.
It would be a hassle to change tunings all the time.
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by SteLuvsGuitar
i'm at a point where i'm willing to spend a bit o cash on really good one
In that case, you sir are not looking to buy an RG370. The bridge on that is actually really bad, and you'd want to stay away from that thing if you want a guitar that'll last. Pickups will be the least of your worries with it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Well, if I was after a six string (which, as a seven string fanatic, I'm not), I'd go for an Ibanez S320 and replace the stock pickups with Duncans. But that's my preference. If you want to play stuff like Trivium, I'd say probably go for something with active EMG pickups. They're sterile as ****, but they seem to be very popular with the metalcore set due to their high output and low noise. Most upper end ESP/LTDs have active EMGs (just watch you're not buying the passive EMGs, I hear they suck). I've not used any ESPs, so I can't really comment on their hardware etc. Lookat the neck as well. It's probably a good idea to buy a guitar with the same scale length as the ones you're used to (typically either 25.5 inch - standard length for superstrats, and usually 24 frets - or 24.75, standard for Gibsons and Epis, and usually 22 frets). Also, feel how the neck is in your hand. Some are thicker than others, and if you've got short fingers a thick neck can be a real strain.

Also, if you're looking at tremolos, it's probably wise to avoid licenced Floyd Rose (genuine Floyd Rose should be ok), or the lower end Ibanez Edge tremolos, apparently they tend to be problematic, something about sinking into the tremolo cavity. But if you're wanting to be changing tunings (which you indicated you were) then I wouldn't recommend a tremolo at all.
Go for a fixed bridge, because it seems like you need to tune a lot.
There are some nice RG's with fixed bridges. On those bridges you haven't got a tremolo.
My Gear
Guitars
Fender Squier
Ibanez JS100
Gibson SG Standard
Amps
Fender Basic Amp (15 Watt)
Line6 Spider II 212 (150 Watt)
Effects
Line6 PodXT
Boss ML-2 Pedal
You can't get a decent ESP/LTD in that price range in the UK, they're priced extremely high, as well as Schecter. The Ibanez is a decent guitar, but if I were you, I'd go for something with a fixed bridge.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by pifty
In that case, you sir are not looking to buy an RG370. The bridge on that is actually really bad, and you'd want to stay away from that thing if you want a guitar that'll last. Pickups will be the least of your worries with it.

The Edge 3's are now no longer the crappile you guys make them out to be, they're pretty decent bridges, not the best, but still not bad
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
The Edge 3's are now no longer the crappile you guys make them out to be, they're pretty decent bridges, not the best, but still not bad
Says who? A couple days back, I took a '07 370 off the shelf, and the bridge in it was the same thing as ever. Same terrible screws, same waxy pressed-polyethylene-like surface, same cast metal feel. So if they updated it, then it sure doesn't look like it. The 370 was cute, though. That blue haze finish is really pretty in person.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i have an '07 RG370, and it's not a bad bridge, i've played it, it's held tuning fine so please stop bashing it so much.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX