Heya....I own a Squire Affinity Strat and although it isn't my main guitar, it was my first electric and so there is a sense of sentamentality surrounding it.

I was just wondering, what are the pickups in it as i was thinking of changing them but I dont know what to. Can you guys recomend anything that will give me a clean sound that is perfect for rhythm.

Thanks guys
Quote by charvel_man
So UG appears to be riddled with warlocks.

*Prepares pitchfork*
Well the pickups In a Standard Affinity Squire Strat are pretty bad. last time I checked they were cheaply made Alcino's. I would reccommend some Tex-Mex Strat pickups. I through in some of them in my Fender Stratocaster. But if you really wanna chip in the cash check out the Lace Sensor pickups. They come in many differnt styles to choose from in tone. So basically if your not sure what to get still, go to your local Guitar Center or Sam Ash. Like the last person said you need to give some more description of the sound. Almost any pickups can give you clean sound. What artist style are you looking for? Stevie Ray Vaughan? Jeff Beck?

P.S.

Alo i forgot to put in the post that you shoukd check out some Dimarrizo pickups
Ok, sorry.

Well I play alot of christian music and so am looking for a sound that suits a bit of rhythm, a lot of finger picking and then a bit of lead, a bit like the sound Mark Knophler (sp?) gets.
Quote by charvel_man
So UG appears to be riddled with warlocks.

*Prepares pitchfork*
Quote by Tremelo
Ok, sorry.

Well I play alot of christian music and so am looking for a sound that suits a bit of rhythm, a lot of finger picking and then a bit of lead, a bit like the sound Mark Knophler (sp?) gets.

So basically you want every kind of sound in one pickup, then? Oh, and it's spelled Knopfler.
Quote by Chad48309
So basically you want every kind of sound in one pickup, then? Oh, and it's spelled Knopfler.

I'd say he wants a versatile set of pickups, as opposed to one.

My squier now has a full set of Kent Armstrong pickups - and I love the sound. IMO they are as good a Duncan's but a bit cheaper, well quite a bit for a set. Very versatile too.

Oh, and if you are going to change the pickups, you want to rip out all the wiring and do all that as well, squier wiring is nasty and cheap (as is all the wiring I've ever seen in cheaper guitars).
Last edited by mark_wuk at Jun 18, 2007,
When you say Christian music, do you mean like contemporary Christian or whatever its called? Like, Casting Crowns, Sonic Flood, Jeremy Camp?