hi, i am going to start saving up to get a new amp. I play mostly metal, alternative and funk. So I need an amp with a lot of gain but also a good clean channel. I was looking at the Peavey 6505 plus, 5150, JSX, the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, or the Krankenstein. I'm not sure which one's the one I want to save up for, because my local music shop only has the JSX, and 6505 plus. If anyone has any experience with any of these or has a different suggestion any help would be appreciated. thanks.
the recto is a good option, but the peavy has a better clean
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
jsx. most versitle out of those

if you can buy used, a mark IV ,
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Well, the 5150 and the 6505 are the same amp, they just had to re-name it the 6505 due to eddie van halen doing something--the 6505 plus is the 5150 2. My reccomendation though, would be a Rivera K-tre (Knucklehead Tre). Similar price range to the mesa and the krank, and probably my favorite amp I've ever played. I haven't looked into them much, but either the trilogy or switchblade by Hughes and Kettner may be good too. Also, check out the Mesa Stilletto's. They don't have as much bottom-end as the rectifiers, but they have a much better clean tone, and a bit more definition in the high-gain tones.
I second the switchblade, magnificent amp.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.