satriani, paul gilbert, steve vai. satriani's gonna be the easiest.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Whitewash by Buckethead is pretty good. Its nice and slow, but if you want something fast, try Nottingham Lace or Soothsayer, both by buckethead again.
Be cool.
Quote by SolidSnake9235
I need some recommendations on instrumental electric guitar songs to learn, like JerryC stuff.
"heroes die" and "Soaring quails" by horse the band

or that one metallica song off of master of puppets
forgot what its called
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
shawn lane
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
ANY John5, his stuff combines a lot of different styles.
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
john 5,yes.his stuff is crazy and uses mnuch technique.vai,satch,gilbert would all work.i dont care for malmsteen,hes not my type of guitarist.YYZ by rush is also a cool song to do for guitar,it has guitar,bass,and a drum solo,but the guitar part is somewhat easier than a lot of vai,satch,gilbert,and john5,and its a neat song.
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
for the love of god by steve vai would probably sound good. lots of people play but its still a nice song
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
FTLOG is impossible!
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
no its not,its a great vai song,one of the easier ones.and one of my favorties.

Private in the 7>6

it's technically easy but hard to feel.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
A couple of friends and I are currently working on November Rain by Mad Season. Its probably my favorite instrumental of all time, whats cool about it, is that its like an opera, it starts at one place and ends at another. Plus its not just guitar orientated, but it takes work from everybody in the band, so everybody has fun. Dont get me wrong but Satriani and Vai are great, but most of their instrumentals put me to sleep. If you have a band or something, i recommend trying it out.

Here is a video for it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TsgQaaqJBTY
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

very neat song,but it takes a long time to get into

Private in the 7>6

Quote by punkMETALskater
very neat song,but it takes a long time to get into

Yeah the record version is much better. My favorite part of the video is when he starts attacking his cabs with his 1962 strat, and then the sax player joins in and starts beating the cab with his sax.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

eric johnson and andy timmons have great instrumentals
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
White Summer/Black Mountain Side-Led Zeppelin
Not close to Vai or Satriani, but a cool instrumental piece.
Last edited by -heartbreaker- at Jun 18, 2007,
Quote by XxFIENDxX
Yngwie Johann Malmsteen

+1 EDIT: everything suggested in here has been good, but i think YJM is closest to jerry c.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Paul Gilbert's Down To Mexico and Alligator Farm are fairly easy and sound wicked. Then again you can try some harder stuff by Malmsteen like Icarus' Dream Suite and Far Beyond The Sun.
since you're on PG, i'll add hurry up.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
since you're on PG, i'll add hurry up.

+1
And for something catchy go for The Curse of the Castle Dragon. Very fun to play.
I don't need a sig....
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
Steve Vai - Juice, Tender Surrender, For The Love Of God
Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien, Always With Me Always With You, Flying in a Blue Dream, Crushing Day, Raspberry Jam Delta-V
Eric Johnson - Manhattan, beautiful song.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1 EDIT: everything suggested in here has been good, but i think YJM is closest to jerry c.

If you are looking for a less distorted sound, try out some Vinnie Moore (Time Odyssey). Very very clean playing And if you're more into the Satch type style, Meltdown is more up tempo and rock-like.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
"for the love of god" steve vai. it's pretty slow paced. except for a few parts....
guitars: G&L Legacy USA, Peavey Rotor EXP, Squier affinity strat.

amps: Peavey Bandit 112

Effects: DF-7 distortion factory, Crybaby wah(gcb-95)
Quote by DarthV
If you are looking for a less distorted sound, try out some Vinnie Moore (Time Odyssey). Very very clean playing And if you're more into the Satch type style, Meltdown is more up tempo and rock-like.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?