Ok im just starting to record via computer and i have bought the line 6 toneport ux1 and it is too complicated so i was looking in too getting a new program and i hear people talking about buying usb audio interface like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Lambda-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=245506
yeah what are ur thoughts on this and if i buy this will i have to buy another program or something???????
I think you you would be better off with a line 6 tone port, that has everything included.
The recording software it comes with completely sucks so can i use a different recording program with it?
Sucks? it's fantastic. but meh, yes, i've used guitar rig software with it and it worked fine. but i normally stick with the gearbox software, if you set everything up right, it's amazing. aswell as guitar port. though, similar software.
What recording software? Are you talking about Ableton Live? If so, that program is amazing if you would take the 1-2 hours it takes to go through a few tutorials, you would be recording professional sounding tracks in no time...

If you somehow still find it too complicated, though, you can still use your Toneport with any other recording software.
u can use any recording software you want. also i dont know how you find the toneport complicated it i the simplest bit of hardware available.