Page 1 of 2
Okay guys, I this whole thing has been bothering me for the past two years now. I can't stand The White Stripes! I'm not a fan of how Meg White drums. It seems to me that all she does is hit the bass drum through out the whole song and if you are lucky she might throw in the snare and cymbals. It bothers me how she never mixes it up with the drums. Jack White however, is an awesome guitar player. I think that he is better is The Racounters than the White Stripes. It sounds like Jack is being held back by Meg when she drums. Any concurring opinions?!
ok
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Raconteurs sound alot like lots and lots of other "indie" bands. I prefer white stripes by miles.
yea white stripes are cooler than that other band
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Yeah, and Brad Delson only plays whole note powerchords in drop Db but you still listen to Linkin Park.

Music doesn't have to be technical to be enjoyable.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
And.. creating a thread for the soul purpose of bitching about her drumming is going to change it?

I like them. Music doesn't have to be full of complicated riffs and drumming to be enjoyable. No one said you have to listen to them, so just keep it to yourself. Different strokes for different folks, you're not going to like everything you hear.
Last edited by kiefermatot at Jun 18, 2007,
Their songs are intended to be folk rock which is not all that complex. So in conclusion, The White Stripes are amazing.
Quote by LinkinParkfan77
So does saliva but they are super good.

I don't think you're understanding my point.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

How is Meg holding back Jack? She's there to lay down the beat, and add texture to their pieces.

Listen to a song like Catch Hell Blues or Ball & Biscuit, and it certainly does not sound like Jack's being held back.

It's not like the songs need better drumming... The soul of the drum kit comes from the Kick, Snare and overheads. Besides, Garage Rock hardly ever has complex drumming.
Meg White is a chick that plays the drums...

How can that NOT be good?
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
wrong thread??
www.bebo.com/Re-Ascension - my artist profile! Alternative Rock!

XBOX Live Gamertag: christophe245

Quote by purplegreendave
I like the way 3 of the tags on this video you found are:
gay anus sex

Not that I'm implying anything - far be it from me to judge
Quote by bearded_monkey
Meg White > You

She's hot in the new Icky Thump video too

Oh my god, so true, the way they just bounce...and bounce.... It's amazing.
F.U.B.A.R.
Quote by LinkinParkfan77
Okay guys, I this whole thing has been bothering me for the past two years now. I can't stand The White Stripes! I'm not a fan of how Meg White drums. It seems to me that all she does is hit the bass drum through out the whole song and if you are lucky she might throw in the snare and cymbals. It bothers me how she never mixes it up with the drums. Jack White however, is an awesome guitar player. I think that he is better is The Racounters than the White Stripes. It sounds like Jack is being held back by Meg when she drums. Any concurring opinions?!

You're dumb.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Just thought I'd add that watching the Bonnaroo feed yesterday night, she did a lot more than just hit the bass drum.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by LinkinParkfan77

Says LinkinParkfan77.
Quote by Liberation
Meg White is a chick that plays the drums...

How can that NOT be good?

Well she's a drummer for one thing.

Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by LinkinParkfan77

She is supposed to play like that. Jack White likes the way she drums it reminds him of a child, he tells her not to practice either to make sure she stays like this.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Quote by rooster456
Says LinkinParkfan77.

Already been covered.
Quote by shattamakar

I was supposed to see them live at the o2 wireless festival... but I had an exam on the day
The White Stripes are a less-is-more sort of approach. It's cool if you don't like it, but you're missing out on some awesome tunes. Try not to think about the numbers or the complexity of the music, try to think about the ENERGY. If things are simple, it's probably for a specific reason (not so much lack of talent).

One of my favorite drummers ever is Steve Jordan, he's just a groove master. That's what blues drumming is all about - it's about groovin' and getting a beat that shuffles and is easy to bob your head to. Part of being a good drummer is locking up with your bassist and playing drums that match the bassline -- Meg White doesn't really have that. but her style is definitely cool, I just feel like drums and bass are inseperable.

Here's a vid of Steve Jordan playing with a decent blues guitarist (not great, but alright):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_XVuA2960
For the most part, I don't find that it hinders the quality of the music at all. However... I think it was in Blue Orchid where I just turned the song off because the drums during the verse were so annoying (volume control would've helped).
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Quote by DanRev
I was supposed to see them live at the o2 wireless festival... but I had an exam on the day

Unlucky. I went to that. It was AWESOME.

QOTSA tore **** up, and The White Stripes were amazing too.
I love the White Stripes and their sound. 1 of the best things to happen to music in the last 10 years IMO.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
I'm sure its been said, but Meg openly admits to her stuff being basic and it is intentionally so to reflect that band's stripped-down approach.
Terms and Conditions apply.
I never really liked them, but I think I might try and get into them.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by bearded_monkey
Meg White > You

i've always found her hot.

god, what i would give to find a girl like that in the world my age......

EDIT:
Quote by pratt121
Here's a vid of Steve Jordan playing with a decent blues guitarist (not great, but alright):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_XVuA2960

you just called John Mayer an ALRIGHT guitar player?
he is more than alright.
Last edited by original=punk at Jun 18, 2007,
Quote by bearded_monkey
Meg White > You

+1
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by LinkinParkfan77

I think a) the White Stripes are awesome and
b)*reported* for being in the wrong forum.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by original=punk
i've always found her hot.

god, what i would give to find a girl like that in the world my age......

EDIT:

you just called John Mayer an ALRIGHT guitar player?
he is more than alright.

sort of a joke ;P I think he's fantastic, others don't. don't love his voice or his melodies, but he can play that guitar.
Quote by walkinbazooka
Music doesn't have to be technical to be enjoyable.

+ 100000000000 for all the far too pretentious people out there.

I'm gonna sig this, damnit.
Page 1 of 2