How come the mods of the metal thread do not consider Lamb of God metal? If you agree with them, what makes this band not metal? I'm not here to argue, I was just taken aback when I saw the thread "Do not discuss trivium/lamb of god/Ax7 in metal forum." I agree that most of the bands mentioned in that list are not metal, but why isn't Lamb of God???

I own all of their albums, and they are ****ing brutal. I don't know how anyone could classify them anything but metal. If anyone has ever seen/heard Killadelphia, they probably remember Randy calling for a hail of true metal. So if the singer and most of the fans consider Lamb of God to be metal, what are all the other people missing? And you can say they are metalcore or whatever the hell you want to classify it as, but to me shredders like Willie and Mark and drummers like Chris are what metal is all about. What do you guys think?
They are metal, but not metal enough, so they become one of the many metal bands that fall into the hardcore forum

Look on the brightside though, it makes it so the numbers in the metal and hardcore forums is more spread out, and not the metal forum overflowing and the hardcore forum dead

What the hell am I talking about!?
They're metalcore.

Metalcore is metal. But for the sake of keeping the forums clutter free, they go into the hardcore foum.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
They're metalcore.

Metalcore is metal. But for the sake of keeping the forums clutter free, they go into the hardcore foum.

Okay well when you say it like that it makes sense. In the post I mentioned, the guy made it sound like they aren't metal and have nothing to do with metal. But alas, I still see them more as metal than as hardcore. Oh well, I was just wondering. I can't wait to see them at Ozzfest, FOR FREE. **** yea.
Quote by walkinbazooka
They're metalcore.

Bingo.

To answer you, Lamb of God have vocals similar to those in hardcore and have many breakdowns. They are a mix of metal and hardcore, hence the metalcore name.

I wouldn't mind them in the metal forum, but decisions have been made.

If we let them in now, begging for Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold (No and hell no) to be put in there will happen. I don't know why, though. Being called "metal" isn't a trophy or anything.

And yeah, the metal forum is by far the most crowded sub genre here. To keep the clutter down, some things with "fewer metal traits" were moved elsewhere. I do agree that Lamb of God would do fine in the metal forum, but you won't win that argument and in the end it isn't a big deal anyways.
Quote by garden of grey
Bingo.

To answer you, Lamb of God have vocals similar to those in hardcore and have many breakdowns. They are a mix of metal and hardcore, hence the metalcore name.

I wouldn't mind them in the metal forum, but decisions have been made.

If we let them in now, begging for Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold (No and hell no) to be put in there will happen. I don't know why, though. Being called "metal" isn't a trophy or anything.

And yeah, the metal forum is by far the most crowded sub genre here. To keep the clutter down, some things with "fewer metal traits" were moved elsewhere. I do agree that Lamb of God would do fine in the metal forum, but you won't win that argument and in the end it isn't a big deal anyways.

Yea like I said I wasn't trying to argue them in or anything, just looking for some clarification. Which you presented clearly, thanks dude. It makes more sense now.
hmmm well i guess that makes some kind of sense why they arent considered on here as being metal, although i personally think they are infact metal. what made me laugh though was a thread i saw about Lamb Of God on UG somewhere recently, which had been closed, and lots of people were claiming that all LoG sing about is satan and murder. since when is that the case?! anyways i digress slightly, i suppose LoG do fit into the hardcore category but then they also fit into the metal category. its kinda stupid really that everyone tries to box bands into categories rather than just letting them be what they are, which is amazing. whats the use in trying to brand bands as being this genre or that genre? its kinda stupid when you get such diverse bands as LoG which can fit into more than one genres and then ends up causing stupid arguements over it all. and i just realised that im waffling on a bit so im going to shut up now
Quote by Deliriumbassist
dammit, ur in Essex, that's not good to me
Quote by walkinbazooka
They're metalcore.

Who put them there? What the ****... Lamb of God is Speed Metal, not Metalcore.. they sound NOTHING like other metalcore bands. That's stupid.

And why no METALcore in the metal forum..?
This is a controversial issue, we can not label any bands for their style, they play something that is not in the standards of metal, thus, for this site, making it not metal (for preventing flame wars of 13 year old kids thinking they know it all between metalcore kids and fans etc).. That doesnt mean it doesnt have metal elements in it, it is just not defined as fully metal sctructured band.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
i think they are metal, but they are different enough from the average "metal" to be put in metal, if that makes sense
Quote by webbtje
I'd give myself buttsecks, because I have a small penis.

www.myspace.com/southeastexit
My Band. Check it out.
its metal/electronica
Quote by Maggot66
Who put them there? What the ****... Lamb of God is Speed Metal, not Metalcore.. they sound NOTHING like other metalcore bands. That's stupid.

Speed metal? Please.

The farthest they stray from metalcore is post-thrash.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Maggot66

Haha...Speed metal...

Though I personally don't like them, I do agree they are probably the most metal of that list. And as people have said before they metal forum is crowded as it is.
blink 182 fans think blink is punk, but no other punk fan does.... case in point.... btw i like blink, not dissing them
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by Maggot66

LoG is so far from Speed Metal it's not even funny.
LOL
Quote by Maggot66

You notice how all the knobs that question their genre are fans of half-assed bands like Slipknot. lol. Lamb of God is metalcore. Full stop. They have a halfassed singer who sounds like he is choking on a hairball especially in Laid to Rest. Yes their riffs are ok but they definitely sound metalcore. And Mr MaggotFaggot, listen to a band like The Berzerker, Arch Enemy, Nile or Testament (which Lamb of God enjoy ripping off consistently) and then listen to Lamb Of God and tell me they belong in the same category. If you listen to Killswitch Engage or As I Lay Dying, then Listen to Lamb of God, you then see that they bear many similarities.

All in all, don't question operations around here. You will only be the 9992836th person to do so. Just live with it. Though I agree, Lamb Of God is probably one of the better metalcore bands out there (They would be much better if they got a new singer instead of that moron), they are just that METALCORE. I repeat, do not attempt to question motives or categorisations around here because you will be ignored/your opinion will be null and void.

IncuEdit: Oh and by the way metalCORE belongs in the hardCORE and metalCORE section
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
You're so witty calling him 'MaggotFaggot.' You could of just helped him without insulting his sn or what he listens to.
Quote by IncubusMan999
You notice how all the knobs that question their genre are fans of half-assed bands like Slipknot. lol. Lamb of God is metalcore. Full stop. They have a halfassed singer who sounds like he is choking on a hairball especially in Laid to Rest. Yes their riffs are ok but they definitely sound metalcore. And Mr MaggotFaggot, listen to a band like The Berzerker, Arch Enemy, Nile or Testament (which Lamb of God enjoy ripping off consistently) and then listen to Lamb Of God and tell me they belong in the same category. If you listen to Killswitch Engage or As I Lay Dying, then Listen to Lamb of God, you then see that they bear many similarities.

All in all, don't question operations around here. You will only be the 9992836th person to do so. Just live with it. Though I agree, Lamb Of God is probably one of the better metalcore bands out there (They would be much better if they got a new singer instead of that moron), they are just that METALCORE. I repeat, do not attempt to question motives or categorisations around here because you will be ignored/your opinion will be null and void.

IncuEdit: Oh and by the way metalCORE belongs in the hardCORE and metalCORE section

Wow. Is everyone in the metal scene like this guy? I happen to like slipknot. what makes them "half-assed lol"? and what gives you the right to talk **** on any band when your screen name is about a band that hasn't released a good CD since 1997?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
Wow. Is everyone in the metal scene like this guy? I happen to like slipknot. what makes them "half-assed lol"? and what gives you the right to talk **** on any band when your screen name is about a band that hasn't released a good CD since 1997?

Incubus haven't released a good album since S.C.I.E.N.C.E you reckon. You are seriously mistaken. You just don't appreciate musical talent and change in artists. I think S.C.I.E.N.C.E is probably their weakest album, even though it is still brilliant but their stuff all around is absolutely brilliant. This being compared to Slipknot is unspeakable. Slipknot are just a bunch of over-produced and over-rated losers that play nothing but mindless muddy noise with singer that whinges when he tries to sing and that has a hissy fit going bonkers into a mic the other percent of the time, stuff anybody can do. A 2 year old can have a tantrum. Whats more all Corey Taylor sings about is the 'pain and suffering' in his life. Please, he's a millionaire playing borderline screamo. I admit Jim Root, Mick Thompson and Joey Jordinson are very talented but they have one member who smashes a bin with a baseball bat for god's sake! I can see the talent emerging right before my eyes! Lets face it, those 3 talented members could be doing a LOT better.

FYI, if you had have taken the liberty to examine my profile before you placed me into a category of the typical "metalhead", observe my musical preferences dickweed.

Incubus rule and have consistently made excellent music, Slipknot didn't make anything good to begin with. End of story
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by GhostofSanity
You're so witty calling him 'MaggotFaggot.' You could of just helped him without insulting his sn or what he listens to.

My intention is not to be witty or obtain a laugh to fuel my ego. I'm not like that. I'm just sick of people trying to question moderator's motives and try to question where something belongs or where it doesn't. Do they really think they will revolutionise the functioning of UG and make a difference, therefore being superfluously superior to the other 6 thousand UG members that have attempted to state the exact same carbon copy argument? It's just tedious and annoying.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
My intention is not to be witty or obtain a laugh to fuel my ego. I'm not like that. I'm just sick of people trying to question moderator's motives and try to question where something belongs or where it doesn't. Do they really think they will revolutionise the functioning of UG and make a difference, therefore being superfluously superior to the other 6 thousand UG members that have attempted to state the exact same carbon copy argument? It's just tedious and annoying.

Personally I think you have been rather rude and instead of getting angry and ripping it out of people for what their musical tastes are, you could just state an answer and leave.

I mean, I hate Incubus but I'm not going to say something like "OMG INCUBUS YOU R TEH SUXORZ COZ U LYKE INCUBUS LOLLOLLOLLOL!!!ONE-HUNDREDANDELEVEN!!!"

On topic, I consider Lamb of God to be metal but generally metalheads are very protective of their genre and can't accept that music evolves and that metalcore is just another branch of their beloved "true metal".
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by alliwant
Personally I think you have been rather rude and instead of getting angry and ripping it out of people for what their musical tastes are, you could just state an answer and leave.

I mean, I hate Incubus but I'm not going to say something like "OMG INCUBUS YOU R TEH SUXORZ COZ U LYKE INCUBUS LOLLOLLOLLOL!!!ONE-HUNDREDANDELEVEN!!!"

On topic, I consider Lamb of God to be metal but generally metalheads are very protective of their genre and can't accept that music evolves and that metalcore is just another branch of their beloved "true metal".

OK maybe i have been a little rash, i'll admit to that. My patience has just worn thin for all these people who have screen names like slipknot66 and Blink_182_owns and A7X666 or some alias of that nature asking why *insert random nu-metal/metalcore band* is not metal.

I often reply to people who react to my comments so it involves other people etc etc. However, unlike most, i verify my reasoning.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Incubus haven't released a good album since S.C.I.E.N.C.E you reckon. You are seriously mistaken. You just don't appreciate musical talent and change in artists. I think S.C.I.E.N.C.E is probably their weakest album, even though it is still brilliant but their stuff all around is absolutely brilliant. This being compared to Slipknot is unspeakable. Slipknot are just a bunch of over-produced and over-rated losers that play nothing but mindless muddy noise with singer that whinges when he tries to sing and that has a hissy fit going bonkers into a mic the other percent of the time, stuff anybody can do. A 2 year old can have a tantrum. Whats more all Corey Taylor sings about is the 'pain and suffering' in his life. Please, he's a millionaire playing borderline screamo. I admit Jim Root, Mick Thompson and Joey Jordinson are very talented but they have one member who smashes a bin with a baseball bat for god's sake! I can see the talent emerging right before my eyes! Lets face it, those 3 talented members could be doing a LOT better.

FYI, if you had have taken the liberty to examine my profile before you placed me into a category of the typical "metalhead", observe my musical preferences dickweed.

Incubus rule and have consistently made excellent music, Slipknot didn't make anything good to begin with. End of story

see that? what you just gave me is an opinion. everyone has them. see how defensive you got when I disrepected you because of yours? I was trying to make a point when I shat on incubus, there.

For the record, I don't think Joey is that great of a drummer. I dunno much about drumming, but he just... plays really really fast. Which is amazing, but it just doesn't really do anything for me. He's like Herman Li on drums. Mike Portnoy on the other hand...

Man, I am getting waaay off-topic.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by IncubusMan999
OK maybe i have been a little rash, i'll admit to that. My patience has just worn thin for all these people who have screen names like slipknot66 and Blink_182_owns and A7X666 or some alias of that nature asking why *insert random nu-metal/metalcore band* is not metal.

I often reply to people who react to my comments so it involves other people etc etc. However, unlike most, i verify my reasoning.

That's OK.

I somewhat agree with what you're saying, just not the way you say it.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Lamb of God is pretty damn good, think of it as this, do you want them to be with fags like Dimmu Borgir who dress up like fags?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
lamb of god 'pure american metal' as they say themselves! so they should be in the metal forum!
#3 of the dean owners club. PM g1asseye to join
Just because they say something doesn't make it true, if i said hey guess what ... im Jesus! it wouldn't make it true. Or would it!? No.
From what i have heard if thier new stuff i would say it leans towards the power groove of Pantera and the like.
Still it doesn't matter where they are discussed on UG, it seems obvious but is hard to swallow, just listen and realise that UG doesn't neccessarily mirror the real world.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
they're not enough gay
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant