Yeah, um I just found out theres actually a plastic wrap of some sort covering the white part of my strat, I was messing around the other night and noticed there was an open "cut" so dumb old me started peeling it off....then came the "OOPS.......AWW ****"

now theres like an open area with the plastic peeled off and its sticking out pretty ugly, what should I do?

Peel off the entire plastic wrap cover or.....?
Mine hide air pockets in it.. so i just peeled off the whole clear plastic cover. Are you referring to that? If not, i'd leave it alone.
peel it off and paint it maybe?
but if it was the clear protective cover (ironic since its on a scratch gutard....) just take the rest off.
Quote by razored
Mine hide air pockets in it.. so i just peeled off the whole clear plastic cover. Are you referring to that? If not, i'd leave it alone.

Yeah, the entire clear plastic covering the white part...should I peel it off?

If I do then the metal or w/e material the white part is made of will be exposed....
make up a cool story about how you were attacked and used your strat as a shield

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by S)E-Javelin
Yeah, the entire clear plastic covering the white part...should I peel it off?

If I do then the metal or w/e material the white part is made of will be exposed....

uh...so? just peel it all off
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Peel it off.
It's just to protect it from scratches at the store and stuff, there's no need to keep it on there.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
OMG NO! NOT THE METAL, OR W/E MATERIAL IT IS, WHITE PART!

To the Bat-Mobile!

...sorry. Anyhow, it's plastic, and it's in no danger whatsoever. Feel free to peel it off or keep it on, it really doesn't matter.

By white part, I hope you mean the pickguard/scratchplate. If so, the scratchplate has the plastic cover on to keep it nice for first owners of the guitar from the factory, after one has bought it one removes the plastic sheet, and the white bit is in fact used as a pickguard/scratchplate. hopefully the white bit is made of acrylic plastic or something. If it's metal I'd be surprised.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Quote by Hdap101
... the white bit is made of acrylic plastic or something. If it's metal I'd be surprised.

My Fender Strat has an anodised aluminium pickguard.
wow. this thread is retarded.

the white part is the pickguard. it's made of plastic. the thin, clear film is simply to protect it during shipping. most people take it off right away. you're fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^ +1

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tubab0y
wow. this thread is retarded.

the white part is the pickguard. it's made of plastic. the thin, clear film is simply to protect it during shipping. most people take it off right away. you're fine.

I'd still prefer the story of getting attacked and using a strat as a shield..

post pics?
I was so confused when reading the first post in this thread. I thought he somehow managed to peel a layer of finish off the body of the strat.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Bet its a Encore strat lol
My Gear

Fender Strat 2 Tone Custom Paint
Vintage VRS 100
Zoom 505 Mk II Effects Pedal
Peavey Rage 258 TransTube Amp
Orange Crush Mini Amp
Quote by Invictious
I'd still prefer the story of getting attacked and using a strat as a shield..

post pics?

PICS of damage!
Just peel it off and eat it.

Oh ****, NOT ultimate-goldfinger.com.

Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
wow, seeing kids really having to ask such stupid questions worries my children for the future.

its a protective layer of plastic to protect the plate until final consumer, cellphones have them, TV's, alot of stuff, its also on the cavity cover on the back as well. . .

plus, it will cause more damage if you dont take it off, it gets all old and leaves residue on your guitar
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
wow, seeing kids really having to ask such stupid questions worries my children for the future.

Just another reason not to have 'em.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
HAHAHA this is a funny thread!

Threadstarter, when I got my first guitar about 2 years ago and I first got into guitar and what not I did the same thing! My first guitar was a strat and when I started playing I noticed that I had a couple holes in the "plastic" like everyone said its just a thin layer of protective plastic so that the guitar will be MINT when you first purchase it. Take it all off and dont worry about it. You have not ruined your guitar.

I actually remember doing the same thing and I am laughing about it. I felt like **** for about 10 minutes until I figured it out.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
Quote by Victor Manuel
Pics or it didn't happen.

That's pit rules dude.

PinkEdit: This thread is funny as hell, but I remember now that I had the plastic on my acoustic pickguard for like four months
Last edited by which ones pink at Jun 19, 2007,
Quote by tubadude
its also on the cavity cover on the back as well. . .

It is.....?? OH GOD IT IS!!!! Im teH RuinZZZZ!!!!1111111111111
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"

My plastic covering on my pickguard killed my family.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i ripped my plastic off but the the screws were screwed on when the plastic film was all ready on. So i didn't bother to take the screws off to get the excess plastic out. same with the volume and tone knobs
Quote by striker327
i ripped my plastic off but the the screws were screwed on when the plastic film was all ready on. So i didn't bother to take the screws off to get the excess plastic out. same with the volume and tone knobs

I've got little bigs of plastic under the vol and tone knobs too. Do they just lever off? I've never wanted to try in case I broke them.
^wow, teh danno!

and yeah, pull off the knobs, to get under them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by tubadude

its a protective layer of plastic to protect the plate until final consumer, cellphones have them, TV's, alot of stuff, its also on the cavity cover on the back as well. . .

plus, it will cause more damage if you dont take it off, it gets all old and leaves residue on your guitar

+1

Someone here wanted pics so.................

Damage? I seem to like it lol......
11 years on the guitar,lol
Last edited by FenderStRaT RS at Jun 19, 2007,
i ripped all that **** off right away, its a scratch guard whats it matter if it scratches a bit?
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

That plastic flim is meant to be removed. It's just there to protect the pick guard before being sold to the customer.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by jj1565
and yeah, pull off the knobs, to get under them.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Seems stupid to me but:

Surely the thing you peeled off is just the plastic wrapping on the pickguard?

EDIT: if it is, Just peel the whole thing off, it's not really necessary.
Quote by stradivari310
make up a cool story about how you were attacked and used your strat as a shield

+0.99
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by rockownsyou
Okay. I know what to do

Buy an Ibanez

That'll fix anything, and everything

Or not.