My question is will the EVH D Tuna fit the Ibanez S470? I'm not sure if it will fit because of the uniqeness (is that word? ) of the ZR trem. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks, kosmic.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
^ yeah, and they have to be non-low-profile, and as you say, non-floating or it'll go out of tune.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh well. Well that's not gonna stop me. I'm looking forward to buying it in a few weeks. With a mandatory minimum pickup swap (neck and bridge) it'll be perfect for me. I love the ZR trem, the body shape, the neck and especially the sexy colors. I'm gonna get the blue moon burst. Aww well, I have another guitar for drop D, anyway. So thanks for your help guys.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
have you considered a tremel-no?

that'd let you block the trem when you want to go to drop d, so you wouldn't have to faff about with rebalancing the trem.

Though, i'm not certain it fits a ZR, again. I don't see why it wouldn't, but you'd need to check just in case.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have considered it and could do it, but I'm a fan of pulling trems up, too. Not just down.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
^ yeah, you can do that with the tremel-no, but only in the one tuning.

as opposed to the d-tuna where you can't pull up at all...

but if you have a second guitar, i guess it's moot, lol.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
from what i've heard, the d-tunas are kind of gimmicky anyways. if i was going to spend money on something, it would be one of the hipshot droppers.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
The tremol-no won't work on a ZR.

No trem accessories will, it's a completely new design. The rear cavity is COMPLETELY different than a regular (Strat, Floyd) trem.
^ ok cool, i was scared that was the case.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow. The way wylde_overdrive described that was epic. It's like in the movies when the crazy scientist goes, "You all thought I was crazy! But I was right you foolish fools!!1!"
Thanks for your help guys. But like I said, this revelation isn't going to stop me from getting that guitar.

thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Cant the ZR fine tuner on the E go down to D? Just do that, and fine adjust all the other strings.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by One Way Ticket
Cant the ZR fine tuner on the E go down to D? Just do that, and fine adjust all the other strings.

Technically that is a bad idea. It will lead to trem imbalance and some other problems I hear.
^ Yeah it only takes 2 minutes, probably less, to get the ZR into drop d. You dont even have to unlock the nut, just tune it down to D then fine tune the rest of the strings as they will slightly go out of tune.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!