I have been looking at this head as of recent and it seems to be a reasonably priced marshall tube. My question for those of you who have owned/played or had other experience with one is will it do metal? By Metal I mean will it hold up for Metallica and Megadeth tones, or even the harsh thrash sounds of pantera? thanks in advance for any input you have.
I don't think it'll do Pantera well unless you have emgs in your guitar and use an overdrive pedal. It does Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer well though.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I have one, have had it for a while, and have never been truly satisfied with it. For Oasis it's perfect. For Metallica, it can handle it, but you need some type of high output pick-up. For anything else, it's just ok. It's ok at everything, not exceptionally good at one thing. It's not the best decision you could make when it comes to Marshal...
High as tits
Quote by mw7
I don't think it'll do Pantera well unless you have emgs in your guitar and use an overdrive pedal. It does Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer well though.

I do have EMG's and have thought about buying an overdrive pedel, but will that keep the same tube sound on the distortion, by that I mean will it have the same great tone that you hear out of Tube amps.

Quote by Suicidal_Brick
I have one, have had it for a while, and have never been truly satisfied with it. For Oasis it's perfect. For Metallica, it can handle it, but you need some type of high output pick-up. For anything else, it's just ok. It's ok at everything, not exceptionally good at one thing. It's not the best decision you could make when it comes to Marshal...

I love Marshall's but im not completely conviced that I should get one, I am just looking for a good amp (half Stack preferably) that suits my needs. Mesa Boogies are a bit out of my reach and I have decided that I want to go tube. Im hoping to keep the whole thing (head+Cab) under $1000. If any of you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Last edited by munit at Jun 18, 2007,
Well...if you're in San Diego, I got my stack up on Craigslist for an even $1000...Just throwin it out there
High as tits