I have the opposite problem! I found that practicing left hand only legato has helped my speed and strength (especially Shred Masterclass Columns By Kristofer Dahl). Hope that helps.
LEGATOOOOOO

jus try and play with ur left hand only.. like.. pull offs and hammer ons for a minute nonstop.. and switch fingers..
move your hand faster, i don't know what else to say. thats what i had to do.

edit: btw , it may seem like i'm trying to be an a$$, i'd like to state that i'm not.... well, not really. i've had this question asked to me before on many occasions. if you're left hand isn't up to it then thats cool, remember speed is a byproduct of accuracy, if your left hand isn't moving as fast as you want it to then just start slowly and work your way up. i question if you are playing without tension in your right hand as generally both hands will work their way up at about the same pace.
Last edited by z4twenny at Jun 18, 2007,
Well, how so? Is your right hand doing something really easy, like, say, alternate picking notes on a single string? If so, I wouldn't worry too much. On the other hand, if you can do string skipping really fast with your right hand but your left hand won't keep up, then...just practice, slowly, and you'll get the hang of it.
Make sure that you keep your fretting hand fingers as close to the fretboard at all times, even if you're not using them. Speed is really about economy of motion, moving as little as possible to do the same job.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join