i hve the biggest ****ing blister ever from popping and slappig and playing metal ALL DAy. IT SUCKS ass and its huge! please give me info about it, and how long it takes to go away, pain relievers, what to do to still play!! i still need to play for a long time and for the rest of the week like 6 hours aday!! plz help sum1!!!!
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Music: Thrash metal, punk, ska, Grunge, old rock, Techno
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
Stop playing for today.
Take a small pin, or use the very, very tip of scissors (cutting) to "pop" the blister. The fluid will run out, and there will be some pain, but it won't be as severe as accidentally popping it. Just do that, and make sure to get the fluid out, if it hasn't already run completely dry.

Wait until tomorrow, and when playing, you'll probably still be a little sore in the region, but it should be closed for the most part, and will callous over eventually.
how long do u think itll take?
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
If that doesn't work, you can put a band-aid on for a quick fix to allow the blister to heal and callous over. The good thing is your finger will now be twice as tough as it was.
oh and its kinda like.. idk like empty, like idk wierd.. it feels like empty
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
wait nvm it probably does... but like r u supposed to pop it and how long will it take to like be gone??
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
I would recommend not to pop it as long as its not too much in the way to let your body heal it better. If it interferes, go ahead and leak the liquid out with a pin. Go easy on it either way if possible
yeah but do u think ill be able to play 2moro??? :S

or shud i play the pain out of it?
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
will one night help at all? :S
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
oh and is it normal to not be able to feel it??? and like when u run ur teeth over it it doestn hurt???
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
I feel bad for you. I never got a blister from playing. Maybe cause its got .30 gauge strings...

Pop it and put a Band-Aid on it. It takes a week(?) for it to go away by itself.
I'm no doctor but I would think playing with a blister can only make it worse. Try not to pop it if that's possible since that's how they get infected.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

****ttt!!!!
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Quote by ms.bassist
oh and is it normal to not be able to feel it??? and like when u run ur teeth over it it doestn hurt???

Yeah, it'll end up as dead skin when it dries up and the new harder skin will be in its place.
any othe rhelp!!!! thanks from ppl so far!!!
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Try popping with another finger. Most use their ring finger so use your index if you can.
ok i just popped it, lol... took a lot, but it feels a lot better, should i jst bandage it and thats it?
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Who pops with their ring finger? I pop with my index and sometimes my middle.

Oops. Typo. I meant middle. I suggest doing it with index. I have tried it with my ring finger and ehh... its not too bad.

At least I didn't say pinkie.
Quote by Joetime
Oops. Typo. I meant middle. I suggest doing it with index. I have tried it with my ring finger and ehh... its not too bad.

At least I didn't say pinkie.

I wonder if someone out there can actually pop with their pinkie. It would take pretty mad strength and control.
no bandaid!!! causes the skin to go soft then it will suck d*ck. if the blister is on ur thumb - u can use duct tap over ur knuckle ala mark king but this can give u a slightly sh*tter sound.

for future reference pop the blister right near the edge and squeeze it out so that it doesn't peel. if u've popped it already it should just feel like dead skin so not hurt much at all.

how do u get blisters's slapping. finger style is one thing cos u rub ur fingers against the string but slap shouldn't. New strings might help
Be a real man and toughen up. GRRRR!!!!

Just play more and let your fingers slowly toughen up.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
that is a great thing, but dont pop it yourself... just let it pop while playing, even when it hurts, that way you'll grow some callous on your fingers, and then it wont bleed anymore... my first bass strings were full of blood because of that... dont force too much if you bleed, cose that will be a wound, and not a callous thingy...
Quote by gm jack
Be a real man and toughen up. GRRRR!!!!

Just play more and let your fingers slowly toughen up.

EDIT: be a real WOMAN and toughen up...

im a girl

oh yeah, and its from popping not slapping. thanks guys its kind of gone but for future references to other people let this thread liveeee lol
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
People don't use the search bar so I garentee it'll come up again...

Remember to keep practising so the calluses don't leave!

You'll build up monster calluses like me - the other day at the end of a physics GCSE exam I decided to take the lead out of my mechanical pencil and stick it in my calluse. So I did, no pain and it looked funny lol.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
And this thread is just a few days short of being 4 years old, was there really any need to raise it from the dead?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by ethan_hanus
Use a pick until it heals.

If she still has the blister, she probably has diabetes or some kind of serious immunodeficiency/disease
Blisters really shouldn't be popped. *First aider* They heal relatively quickly anyway and popping them can introduce bacteria that could cause an infection. If it absolutely has to be popped it should be with something sterile. Hold a pin in a flame for a few seconds first. Just for future reference.