I was wondering, is it possible to remove the fretboard off of the neck and replace it with one of the same scale that has more frets? Or will something like this ruin my bass?
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Last edited by Confused2316 at Jun 18, 2007,
i think you mean remove the fret board. The pick guard is the plastic that surrounds your pickups(not all guitars/basses have pick guards. Many basses don't).

No not really. I guess technically it could be done, but not by you. So no, its not possible.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
You would be better off buying a neck the same scale from warmoth just with more frets. What bass is it anyways?
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by bassburton
You would be better off buying a neck the same scale from warmoth just with more frets. What bass is it anyways?

You have to be very carefull when getting a new neck. If you get a neck the has more frets, but the neck joint isn't on the same fret as your old one, you won't be able to intonate it. So make sure you get one with a fret extension, not just a longer neck.
Why do these kind of threads go here and not in gear building and moddifying?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
you mean a neck... yeah u can definitly do that... but be careful as some necks dont fit some basses obviously...