ive been using my gretsch hollowbody for alot of my playing, but every time i use my amp's distortion setting or my H&K distortion pedal, i keep getting this annoyingly loud feedback from my amp. i also hear it when i plug in my headset.

i would have said its the amp, but when i use my BC mockingbird, i get a nice rumbling guitar tone with very little feedback at all, so i know it has to be my hollowbody's pickups or something.

i remember seeing on a guitar world cd, that there was a pedal/switch that eliminates this feedback and brings out the natural sound i need. if anyone knows what the name of it is, i would really appreciate any help.
its a BE pedal but im not sure what its called. i do remember what your speaking of but i dont think thats what. it seems that your in need of a noise gate.
Hollowbody guitars simply aren't designed and aren't able to take much distortion. Anything above a nice crunch causes them to feed back. Either roll back the distortion or stuff your guitar with towels I'm afraid ^^
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Try a noise gate
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
and towels that sounds cool
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Quote by Alex The Red
and towels that sounds cool

Haha thanks, I wish I could take credit for it though. BB King gets props for that.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
okay guys. thanks for the advice. i dont know how i could shove towels in there, but the isp decimator is somewhat nice looking. next time i go to guitar center, ill see if they have any i can try out.

and thanks too for telling me about the hollowbody's lack of distortion range. i guess i'll stick with my mockingbird for now and use my gretsch for blues.