is it possible to build (cheaply) a Whammy pedal?

because ive built a working talkbox
(it Just needs To Be Mic'ed)
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Fairly sure most Whammy's are digital, so it's not a particularly easy build.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
i saw a diy pitchshifter before, like the boss one, but i guess you could set it up in a wah chassis
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by shredmeiser101
i saw a diy pitchshifter before, like the boss one, but i guess you could set it up in a wah chassis

where did you see this?
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Of course you can! Just find a schematic, obtain about 56420 digital chips, 50 other components and finally a wah wah enclosure
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
im almost positive it's on generalguitargadgets.com under oscillators
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
Quote by shredmeiser101
im almost positive it's on generalguitargadgets.com under oscillators

There is nothing called "oscillators" ON GGG!
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
The one you're thinking of isn't a proper pitch shifter, it's more of a robot voice thing.
Unless you have access to audio grade DSP chips and the knowhow to program them, there's no way to make a cheap pitch shifter. What's wrong with the digitech whammy or boss pitch shifter?
GB&C Pedal Builders and Mod Squadron
vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list.

Bugger
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT