resently ive been really getting into modes and that sort of thing, and with modes you need to know EVERY SINGLE NOTE on the guitar.

now if your like me and all you want to do is shred, learning every notes is the most boring thing in the world.

so what i am asking is if there is any special way or method to make this happen quicker,or make it easier to understand, or help with memorization, or even just be less boring

i would really appreciate it if you would give your advice/suggestions

For the record, i tried that Fret 2 Fret thing at ( http://www.fret2fret.com/ ) and that was a waste of time, it did not do anything really to help, if you don't believe me search it up abd try for yourself, but im just saying it didn't work on me

EDIT: i have currently been using the way where you asend up the neck on one string, call the name out and look at where it is, the i desend doing the similar way
R.I.P. Dimebag - Gone but Never Forgotten

#123 Member of the 'Linkin Park Sucks' Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
Last edited by Opeth*rocks at Jun 18, 2007,
Why not. Wank your musically illiterate heart out. It's not that hard. If you know your alphabet you know your notes.
its just

C C#/Db D D#/Eb E/Fb F F#/Gb G G#/Ab A A#/Bb B/Cb

in different order - the slash notes are enharmonic

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
How much skill do you currently have? Because if you are just a beginner I have some ideas, but I kinda need to know your skill in music reading to suggest something.

-metalhead
Quote by hendriko
its just

C C#/Db D D#/Eb E/Fb F F#/Gb G G#/Ab A A#/Bb B/Cb

in different order - the slash notes are enharmonic

i know all of that, like if i think for like ten seconds i can figure out what note im on but i want to be able to be on a note a know it automatically

Quote by Metalhead3333
How much skill do you currently have? Because if you are just a beginner I have some ideas, but I kinda need to know your skill in music reading to suggest something.

-metalhead

id like to think im good like i can play dime's stuff and paul gilberts and all that stuff its just my theroy sucks

practice...just say em out loud while fretting them for like 10 minutes

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by hendriko
practice...just say em out loud while fretting them for like 10 minutes

ive been doing that but i get so danm bored i just start to go nuts (like playing wise), id loss interest and do my own thing until i realized what i was doing

Last edited by Opeth*rocks at Jun 18, 2007,
then don't

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Try this or get yourself Fretboard Warrior... personnally, I prefer Fretboard Warrior cause you don't have to be on internet to use it, it goes all over the fretboard (not only 5 firsts frets) and you can hear the note aswell... so it trains your Ear (and you can even use it as an Ear Trainer later... you'd listen to the note and tell which note it is )

Learning all the notes over the fretboard takes time but it's worth it.... Good Luck!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by Opeth*rocks
resently ive been really getting into modes and that sort of thing, and with modes you need to know EVERY SINGLE NOTE on the guitar.

now if your like me and all you want to do is shred, learning every notes is the most boring thing in the world.

so what i am asking is if there is any special way or method to make this happen quicker,or make it easier to understand, or help with memorization, or even just be less boring

i would really appreciate it if you would give your advice/suggestions

For the record, i tried that Fret 2 Fret thing at ( http://www.fret2fret.com/ ) and that was a waste of time, it did not do anything really to help, if you don't believe me search it up abd try for yourself, but im just saying it didn't work on me

EDIT: i have currently been using the way where you asend up the neck on one string, call the name out and look at where it is, the i desend doing the similar way

laazy guitarist!

Remember how you learned to read? Practice, practice, practice!
You weren't like: what the f*ck mom? 26 fricking letters!?
How about, learn them? I'm learning the notes on the fretboard too at the moment, but it's just something that you gotta learn. You'll be the better guitarist for it.
Quote by deHufter
laazy guitarist!

Remember how you learned to read? Practice, practice, practice!
You weren't like: what the f*ck mom? 26 fricking letters!?
Rofl....
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance

Quote by hurlyz
Try this or get yourself Fretboard Warrior... personnally, I prefer Fretboard Warrior cause you don't have to be on internet to use it, it goes all over the fretboard (not only 5 firsts frets) and you can hear the note aswell... so it trains your Ear (and you can even use it as an Ear Trainer later... you'd listen to the note and tell which note it is )

Learning all the notes over the fretboard takes time but it's worth it.... Good Luck!

thanks that fretboard warrior is really helpful

Quote by Opeth*rocks
thanks that fretboard warrior is really helpful
No Problem.

Quote by Resiliance

Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Call the note names out, not just during scales, but also while your playing with songs.

Yes, do this.

And on the same topic, get into the habit of singing what you play while you play it.