it depends really because my ibanez has a fixed bridge but the bridge pup is still f-spaced. take a ruler and measure the distance between the first pole and the last pole. if its 2.1 inches then its f-spaced. if its 1.9 then its regular.

hope that helped
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
if the schecter had a floyd, get f-spaced, if it doesn't don't get f-spaced
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
if the schecter had a floyd, get f-spaced, if it doesn't don't get f-spaced

not really. because like i said my guitar has a fixed bridge and its fspaced, unless its different with schecter. if it is then forget this post
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Get either. The difference is pathetic and it doesn't matter if the poles aren't directly under the strings anyway.
These go to eleven...
If I remember back to my physics lessons then it will help pickup high frequencies (such as harmonics). This is because the strings vibrate in waves. There are points on the wave that move a lot (anti-nodes) and points that don't move at all (nodes). Anyone who can do natural harmonics should be familiar with this.

The spacing is important as you don't want the pickup situated on a node, you want it directly below an anti-node. If the string is moving more then it is easier for the pickups to 'pickup' the sound as it will. It will be noticeable on the higher frequencies.
Get either. The difference is pathetic and it doesn't matter if the poles aren't directly under the strings anyway.

Why is it "pathetic"...pickup manufacturers make pretty much all their models in both F and standard spacing and don't charge any different so what's the issue?

TS - measure your string spacing. E to E, across the coil nearest the fretboard of each pickup. 48mm means it's a standard spaced pickup, 51.5mm is F-spaced.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the only real way to do it is measure the distance between the poles. Generally, fixed bridge use standard spaced, and tremolo bridge use F-spaced. I would get the standard spaced for a fixed bridge if you won't/can't measure.

I've tried using standard spaced with a trem, and although the incorrect spacing doesn't affect much, it does affect the output slightly IME. I was either shifting the pup so the poles were lined up under the high E and my lead sound was right, or under the low E so my rythm sounded right. PITA. Plus it will always annoy you seeing the poles not lined up right under the strings.

I would get the correct spacing from the start, there is no practicle reason not too if you are buying them new.

edit: beaten by Mark
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I understand the whole spacing thing... but what if you have lace sensors? There arent pole pieces are there? or are they just under the cover? I've never thought about it really. Just thinking out loud kinda.
Fender Strat Build
Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster MEX
Fender Telecaster USA

Laney LC50-II
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
ProCo TheRat
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Ernie Ball 6166
Line 6 DL4
Line 6 TP UX2