Hey all.

I own epiphones version of the EDS-1275, and while its great fun to say, I must say it is poorly balanced. Im am forced to hold the necks up with my fretting hand (very uncomfortable after long periods of time.) Are there any tips you UGers have to help with this?
buck up is all i can say. and maybe lean back while you play it?
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
put whole bunch of weight on the bridge side of ur strap?
it'd be heavy. but not as neck heavy.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
hunh... does the Gibson version do that?

What tone woods does Epiphone use in the body.

I wouldn't be too suprised if it was part alder.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
yea the gibson version (it pwns all that you know) does it too but not so much the only advice is just get used to it itll get better u just have to build up more strenthg with it.
get a good quality leather strap. it helps with slippage. but than it pulls your shirt. so do like i do when you play a double neck and take your shirt off...who am i kidding. i always play with my shirt ooff (no joke)

P.S: holy crap. i just relized who posted this. lol. hi mike!
Last edited by moonhawk at Jun 18, 2007,
Well, the Epiphone SGs are known to suffer from being neck heavy, so one with MORE than twice the neck weight and LESS than twice the body weight is only going to be worse. Positioning the strap button to a better place sometimes helps alleviate the problem.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.