ok so...can Gibson Firebirds or Explorer be used to shred? i know they can do pretty much everything else but i wasnt sure about shredding...
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Any guitar can shred, those especially with a pickup change.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
yea well i meant like is it easy to shred on (if that makes any sense)...like hows the neck for shredding or the fret access
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
it all depends on what feels good for you.
for example i hate Jackson necks they just suck for me but look at how many people play them and love Jacksons...

It all depends on what you like the feel of the best...
Quote by minixmin
yea well i meant like is it easy to shred on (if that makes any sense)...like hows the neck for shredding or the fret access

That depends on the person and where you want to be playing on the guitar neck. If you are shredding on low frets then a short scale will make the guitar seem faster. If you are playing on high frets then a longer scale will make it faster. If your hands are big you will probably want a fat neck, if your hands are small you will probably want a thin neck. There is not "fast neck" and "slow neck" there is only what works for you.
Not taking any online orders.
A lot of people play lead on Explorers. Upper fret access is actually better than on Les Pauls, actually. I don't see why anyone couldn't shred on one.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
really? i doubt that there is better fret access on les pauls then on explorers
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
You misread my post. I said upper access on Explorers is better than on Les Pauls.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor