How long do u think this song will take to learn? the non-solo part. Like the begining of it.

This part:
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--------------------7---6---5---------------------------------------|
|--------------------7---6---5---------------------------------------|
|-----7-----6--------5---4---3---------------------------------------|
|-0-0---0-0---0-0---------------------0-0-7-0-0-6-0-0-5-0-4-0-3-0-2--|

Been playing about a month, but highly dedicated, but not that fast at picking.
like 2 seconds literally
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
oh and youre not gonna be able to get it without fast picking unless you can do alternating picking well
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Alternate pick and it will come easy. I still can't downpick it up to tempo though, and that's how it is supposed to be played.
Just keep on practicing it, it'll become easier. And try playing it different ways, until you find what works best.
Quote by Ramenman01
2 seconds, your kidding?

It's really easy, i also learned it in about 2 seconds
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Ramenman01
2 seconds, your kidding?

Um, he's exaggerating a bit. It'll take a little while to get into it if you've been playing for only like a month.
do any of u guys know the "right tab"? it would really help if i was playing the right tabs. thx
Quote by ozzy102691
oh and youre not gonna be able to get it without fast picking unless you can do alternating picking well

don't listen to him, all the intro in master o puppets it's only downstrokes (which makes it harder but it sounds better)
Quote by Ramenman01
do any of u guys know the "right tab"? it would really help if i was playing the right tabs. thx

The one you have is right...
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I learned it downpicking. I can't play it alternate picking. To each his own I guess. It was one of my first riffs I learned. It is not hard.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
I don't get how you can downpick at that tempo. I'm practically a professional masturbater and I cannot do it.
Well, masturbating has a lot to do with it. You say you're a pro? I don't see how you can't downpick it.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I alternate pick most of the stuff I play, but never do it while I play Master of Puppets. Or any Metallica, really

What I meant what it depends on the person learning the riff for how long it'll take to learn it.

The Guitar and Bass Basics forum can help you out alot with your questions.

ಥ_ಥ