Well, I recently purchased John Mayer's newest album on Itunes because it's simply cheaper than the cd. I completed the download and listened to the first song and was discusted with the quality. I wrote Itunes a letter and reluctlently went out to the nearest HMV to purchase the cd version.
I'm just curious if anyone else is pissed with the quality of Itunes music and the mac "community" selling crappy quality tunes.
Don't bring the mac community into this. We're good and decent folk.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Stealing your music is much more efficient. I hope you learned your lesson.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Quote by Zeke5000

+1
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
i dont buy my music...

...from Itunes.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
I bought quite a few albums from iTunes and never had any quality issues. Maybe you did something to piss them off. You shit in their cereal or something?
Quote by Zeke5000

+2
Quote by Duff_McGee
That's what you get for listening to John Mayer.

You are a douche. John Mayer is one of the best blues guitarists of the modern era. If you would look just past his singles, he is incredible.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
You are a douche. John Mayer is one of the best blues guitarists of the modern era. If you would look just past his singles, he is incredible.

And you're an over sensitive bitch. Joke much?
Mayer not my cup 'o tea. I would suggest buying the CDs instead because they are coming with bonus DVD stuff these days, and you can import them into any format, and any quality you want. I like 320 kbps and VBR encoding, so huge file but sounds ****ing awesome in my car stereo!
I like having CDs just in case your computer fails. iTunes will not allow you to re-download songs you have bought, so your entire CD collection could be gone if you don't have a good back up scheme or external copies of your music. Plus you get DVD content.

That said, I've always been satisfied with the iTunes quality. I don't expect CD quality from a compressed audio file.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by Zeke5000

+3
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Don't blame apple, because the odds are good that you won't find another legal copy of the album in "high" quality. <ost of the stuff I rip is 256kbps, i've yet to find an online store with anything higher than 128, with the exception of EMI artists on iTunes.

Why?

Well, it has something to do with digital rights management, and the recording industry is HUGE on DRM. apple is busy negotiating with major labels to try and get higher quality, DRM-free music on the iTunes store... Steve Jobs is quoted as saying that this option is clearly best for end consumers. Without the DRM, the file size is significantly smaller, so the quality can be improved. unfortunately the labels are dragging their heels and are fighting a losing battle, and so you get crappy MP3s (by comparison)

Apple's vision for the iTunes store is for every song to be 256kbps and DRM-free, the labels are the ones who are going to have to let it happen.
Quote by justin_fraser

john mayer is awesome. I'm a huge fan of his. Dan Auerbach is better, though, imo. if you like blues, go listen to the black keys and you'll see what I mean. then, of course, there's also jonny lang....

but anyway... back on topic... I don't ever buy from itunes. I'd much rather have the actual CDs.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Rooster666
Thanks to I-tunes the whole music industry has gone down hill.

Would you like to elaborate? Artists still get paid royalties and its easier and cheaper for some people.
Dude you realize you can get your stuff on the iTunes store for darn cheap?