I'm looking to rebuild a POS Arbor Explorer...mainly for the hell of it.

I was just wondering what the most versatile pickups are, preferably at a low cost.

I play everything from Coheed and Cambria to Led Zeppelin to the blues to punk. What pickup (combination perhaps) will give me satisfactory results?
Just let the good times roll.
Seyomur Duncan Jb and '59 pickups
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
You could check out the JB and 59 copies from guitarfetish.com . I heard they're supposed to be super close to the Seymour Duncans, and I think they cost like $35 or $40 each.
Signatures are overrated.
yeah what kind of amp?

and to seanie, what are the pickups called ou are talkin about? i want to check them out
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I will either be using a Fender Chorus-80, Crate 120 (solid state combo..whatever that's called), or a home-made 30 watt tube amp
Just let the good times roll.
Well, through the first two...you won't hear much of a difference in tone.

But....If you're looking for versatile for rock...I'd go with Seymour Duncans, with their SH-1 '59 + SH-11 Custom Custom.

Or cheaper, a set of Vintage '59's from guitarfetish.com. Don't get the Cruncy's or Fat PAFs. Too high output, IMO.