Page 1 of 3
Remember the "good old days"? When UG was lean and mean, and the userbase was much more condensed and memorable members were all over? When makeyourself44, Monty, and dmal were mods? Before the Pop-Punk forum even existed?

If you do, it's time for a trip down memory lane. If not, you can have a little poke about now! Most of the archive's older pages only let you view the forum main page, but 2005>present lets you view inside some forums.

For instance, this is what the forums looked like a month or so after I joined up - notice how the number of members is about 500,000 people lower, and the "most users ever online" was 285 instead of 2,216.

Take a look around!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum">http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum - Forum archive.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/">http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ - Main page archive, you can browse to the forums from this page.
no
Yeah those were the days.....wait a minute.....nevermind.
666 BRO
I've came to UG for a long time before I even joined..

Its weird how much the site has boomed.

It was badass when they changed the font/Interface.
ah yeah i joined somewhere around the time u did. the pit has changed terribly, my friends and i still joke around with the buttsecks joke.
Beatallica Fan... I miss him.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Yeah, lot more 07ers here.

Whatever happened to Captain Colon?

He got hit with the banhammer, as I recall. And some people like fuzzybunny and Nulre just stopped coming around. That made me terribly sad when I came back and they were gone.
no
I remember Streamline's Yamaha upgrading thread, which pretty much sparked the GB&C forum
I remember the UG logo without the UGO beside it, since I first came to the site in 05 (before my forum register, even though that's in 05 as well).

I do remember that, though.

I thought the forum was all black, though? Because when the forum changed over to vBulletin, "Classic" was all white, and Black was the alternate, and I remember thinking it was funny, because the "Classic" style was the all black version...

I could be wrong, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
oh the good old days, where I was in the Classic Rock forum safety blanket, nevr venturing else where. It was only after a year long break between 05' and 06 did I discover the Pit upon returning. Sadly, it drew me in like countless others.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
ya, i remember tabbing from this place long before i joined, remember the buttecks craze?
btw who was or who is dreadnought? when i came back everyone was making dreadnoght jokes ....
Haha, there's a thread in the Gear Ads of September '04 where somebody posted a want ad for a Marshall MG250DFX. Oh, how times have changed
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Virtuoso883
btw who was or who is dreadnought? when i came back everyone was making dreadnoght jokes ....

He was (or still is, I haven't seen him around lately) a [super]mod. God, I can't even remember anymore. I think UG was so much better when I was n00b. Popapez was a more frequent user before she went to college, Scourge, I don't know what happened to him after his "honeymoon" (), gangsterdolly, is she still here? All the best UGers have like, pretty much faded in obscurity.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Quote by Ikilledkenny
He was (or still is, I haven't seen him around lately) a [super]mod. God, I can't even remember anymore. I think UG was so much better when I was n00b. Popapez was a more frequent user before she went to college, Scourge, I don't know what happened to him after his "honeymoon" ( ), gangsterdolly, is she still here? All the best UGers have like, pretty much faded in obscurity.

True...

Scourge used to be god. Like, how people obsess over how funny happytimeharry is (and he is, don't get me wrong), Scourge had 10x that popularity. happytimeharry was 2-4 places behind Scourge at that time.

And I always thought popapez was one of the best users. She's funny, has great advice (Sex thread, anyone?), and was the only person (up until Dæmönika came around) who could get away with colored text, and always had a kickass avatar.

When I first registered, she had that Pikachu one, when the two Pickachus were fighting, then the Chris Farley Chippendale's. She was just unique

I don't remember a lot about gangsterdolly... I had about a 3 month absense once, and a lot of memories kinda drifted off then.

But Ug used to be soooo much better. There are some, what I call, "vintage-esque" users now, like Dirge Humani, who are around, but UG is no longer at it's past greatness.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Ikilledkenny
He was (or still is, I haven't seen him around lately) a [super]mod. God, I can't even remember anymore. I think UG was so much better when I was n00b. Popapez was a more frequent user before she went to college, Scourge, I don't know what happened to him after his "honeymoon" (), gangsterdolly, is she still here? All the best UGers have like, pretty much faded in obscurity.

They all thought they were hot shots and decided to make their own lame forums on invision.

Good riddance
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
when i hoined, it was strictly for tabs.. i was such i n00b, i didnt even realize this place gad forums till a few months ago...
UG spouses: fallenangel120, Leonheart...<333
Quote by Jett Diamond
What if women were actually meant to be superior to men? What if I'm supposed to be in a kitchen right now?

18th Member of "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Blood Justic3!
Rose of Sharyn
My Curse
Does anybody else remember the mobs? I don't really remember any details, but I'm pretty sure when I was lurking before I joined/around when I joined there was like an Italian mob and an Irish mob and stuff.
Damn, i wish i had found this site earlier...

Woah, in the Pit there's a "Unofficial Memories Thread."
Who dat?
Last edited by Anarion614 at Jun 19, 2007,
i remember some of those older days. there was like a core group of people who regularly posted, and everyone seemed to know each other.

now there are so many people that i cant keep track of everyone.

Quote by gibsonpenguin
Does anybody else remember the mobs? I don't really remember any details, but I'm pretty sure when I was lurking before I joined/around when I joined there was like an Italian mob and an Irish mob and stuff.

i remember those.

and chung made the feds. that was right at the height of chungs time here on UG. back when he had what seemed like a hundred different user names.
Last edited by daytripper75 at Jun 19, 2007,
Nostalgia breeds AIDS.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
I was here back in 05 and I remember the mobs and such. I remember the Promote Your Band thing too. UG was so much cooler back then, Now it just seems like a race for popularity.

EDIT: I remember the Pirates Vs. Ninjas thing too.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
That first link is just before I got modded instead of friggenjerk in the columns.

Weird... I don't remember less than that being a pit mod... wait did he win a contest?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
weird, aside from rankles and ckellingc im one of the oldest members in this thread...and this isnt my first username...doesnt time fly when your having fun
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
I dont remember that much, I joined and made an account way before I started to post or anything, I mostly just browsed and never joined in....I guess thats what I do now anyways.
I wish I wasnt such a total and complete UG n00b.

This thread makes me look fail.
Spastic Ink
Quote by damn-right!
weird, aside from rankles and ckellingc im one of the oldest members in this thread...and this isnt my first username...doesnt time fly when your having fun

Wow, you're back!

I only vaguely remember the old days, I used to be too scared to post.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Long time ago, Back in the day.

Speaking of which, hotpunksk8rgirl. What ever happen to?
Last edited by Tarzan_man at Jun 19, 2007,
Wow, that looks so much better, i wish i was around then.

It would be great if UG could "wipe the slate clean" as it were, and anyone who really actually wanted to be on UG could rejoin. I get the feeling that even with the new pit regime, UG will never be like that again.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
I'm not such an "old" user, but I definitely witnessed the change from your good old days and today.

(searches for baby thread)
Page 1 of 3