Hey guys, as I've said several times before, I'm joining the army. I'm a cadet now and considering either being an aiborne ranger, a heli pilot, or playing in one of the army rock bands. To join te army bands you have to pass an audition and I need to get a rough idea of what my playing grade is. I know some theory. I understand scales and keys, key signatures, chords. etc. I am a very versatile player. I play from Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien to Gary Moore, to David Gilmour's Coming Back to Life. What would your estimate be?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Airborne Rangers! I'd envy you ..

The Airborne are my heroes.

good luck with the military!
I have no Idea but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for what you will do for us...

BTW that sounds really cool. What exactly are the army's bands? Please tell us more about it!
Well, you get paid money and all you do is play music, can be jazz, rock, metal, whatever. It's kinda like being a pro touring musician, but you get paid less, don't do drugs, and stay in awesome shape. No, you don't have to go to Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm trying to amass recruiters points, which help you choose where you get deployed, so I can go to Germany. Thanks for your support. I'm from a marine family, so once again I'm the weird guy lol.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
why dont you just find a syllabus and take a grade test, if you pass the grade thats what you are (at least)

And wow ,,, how brave are you ,,, you join the marines and feel so duty bound that you wont go to the nastiest war zone currently active in the world ,,, my friend from the British armed forces salutes your bravery ,,,,,,
Last edited by sajuuk at Jun 19, 2007,
What branch of the British armed forces is he? Maybe its just a typo, but what I assume to be "won't" is throwing me off on what your trying to say.

But anyway, I don't mean like a scale of one to ten, I guess you'd have to google it.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
Hmmm, I would suggest really brushing up on all theory you could, and then some popular songs and solos. Those are great for impressing teachers, and the like.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi