My Epi VJ just barely cuts through during practices with my band right now, but I'd like something bigger that doesn't have to be mic'ed for smaller gigs. It needs:

• To have a price in the area of $800
  • To be all tube
  • To be at least 30 watts
  • A ridiculously good clean channel
  • To not be a Fender

I play a lot of classic rock, blues, and jazz, but I also play metal - that's why I'm hesitant to go get a Fender. I've heard metal come from Fender amps before. It's not pretty.
so you're telling me you're playing metal with a VJ?

- my icon of the day

peavey classic 30, crate v32, marshall dsl401, used jcm*some numbers*
all those don't have a too great clean channel though (not comparable to fender)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
check out traynor amps.

for you, look at either the wine red 40 watt or the blue 50.

good cleans. good crunch/distortion. kinda like a hybrid between a fender and a marshall
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
Quote by totenkopfSG
check out traynor amps.

for you, look at either the wine red 40 watt or the blue 50.

good cleans. good crunch/distortion. kinda like a hybrid between a fender and a marshall

I my Traynor YCV40WR.

Although I don't really play metal so I don't know if it can do it or not.
mmm Sounds like you need a versitile amp , check out the Genz Benz el diablo 60watt combo , really versitile , maybe you can get away with the 60watt head and a cheap avatar cab , where do you stay ???
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
Seek out a Mesa F30. They'll fall into your price range, and they'll do all you want them to do.

Otherwise, the Traynor YCV 50 Blue is probably your best option, with the Peavey Classic running second. The Crate Palominos ain't bad, either.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Seriously i reccomend this amp at least once a day: AC30CC You might have to stretch your budget a little (i don't know how much they go for over there. It's the perfect amp for classic rock, has the best cleans i have EVER heard, very different to fender cleans. Only downside is that iot wont cut it for metal but with a nice pedal to boost it you will get nice metal tones
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Buy a used Marshall JCM900/900 SL-X! Its sound great with metal ... And it got (REALLY) nice cleans!
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Traynor Blue. craps all over marshalls in terms of cleans, and the od channel is very nice too. Easyly to metal
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks