Allright... I've been playing for about five years and have gotten pretty good. I started with and still use an American made Strat. Bought different effects through various peadals and couple Cube 60 multi amps.
I was just wondering what you guys thought a great new guitar for a hard rock/metal guitarist should be. My price range is anything around $800-maybe $1000.
If you have any idea where I could get it, it would help.

Thanks,

The Assassin

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
yeah anything esp
i definately say the EC 1000 or one of the M or H series guitarss
Thanks for responding so quick...

Haven't fully researched yet but I'm lefty (sometimes a problem) and I forgot in origanal post if possible I want a 7string. <--Not essencial though.

Thanks again

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
Quote by Leftyguitar51
Thanks for responding so quick...

Haven't fully researched yet but I'm lefty (sometimes a problem) and I forgot in origanal post if possible I want a 7string. <--Not essencial though.

Thanks again

If you want seven string (which is awesome) you should check out the Ibanez RG1527; it's the best seven string for the price.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
if im not mistaken, the guitarist from deftones uses a 7 string esp, and has a great guitar sound. i've heard they're not too pricey, and im sure they make left handed guitars. try doing some research on esp's. that's what i'd do.
Guitar-Gibson LP Studio
Amp-1990 Marshall JCM 900 2x12 Combo
(G12-M and V30)
Cabinet-Marshall 1960 (JCM 900 edition) 2x12
(G12-H30 and V30 60L).
schecter makes some nice 7 strings but im not sure if they come left handed.

what about john petrucci's guitar... is that a 7 str?
Sigs are too hard to think up
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
metal and rock, well you can't go wrong with a les paul or any esp, jackson and most ibanez

for sure.
Guitar-Gibson LP Studio
Amp-1990 Marshall JCM 900 2x12 Combo
(G12-M and V30)
Cabinet-Marshall 1960 (JCM 900 edition) 2x12
(G12-H30 and V30 60L).
Dude, go for a schecter.

They kick a$$

either the C-1 classic or the C-1 Hellraiser.

trust me u cant go wrong with a schecter
Quote by the_crimison
schecter makes some nice 7 strings but im not sure if they come left handed.

what about john petrucci's guitar... is that a 7 str?

The MMJP7 is about $1000 more than his price range.

I'd check out Schecters 7 strings, the C7 Hellraiser FR is available as a lefty model, EMG707s and they have a great feel to them.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
the_crimison schecter makes some nice 7 strings but im not sure if they come left handed.

On their website it says some do, because I was interested in the 007 Elite. Only problem is no dealer in their right mind would stock leftys. There's just no demand, and to special order doubles the price. That's why I was hoping someone knew an online dealer.

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
Quote by Leftyguitar51
On their website it says some do, because I was interested in the 007 Elite. Only problem is no dealer in their right mind would stock leftys. There's just no demand, and to special order doubles the price. That's why I was hoping someone knew an online dealer.

Since you live in America, most online dealers will ship to you. A few you might want to check out are:

www.guitarcenter.com (same as www.musiciansfriend.com)
www.music123.com
www.zzsounds.com
www.sweetwater.com

and for high quality Ibanez (including the affordable left handed RG1570L):
www.ibanezrules.com
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Thanks guys, went to a local show after that last post of mine.
If anyone else has suggestions feel free to pop in and help.

Thanks,
The Assassin

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....