Can anybody tell me which wood this is? i was under the impression that it was agathis, but since having a look at alot of alder bodies, im having suspicions as to which one it is.
My Rig:
Guitars:
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge SE w/ EMG 81/85
Custom Strat
Ashton Acoustic Electric
Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Laney Hardcore mXd 30
Pedals
Digitech Grunge Distortion

Pyromaniac of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club.
If I look at the upper horn, I can say that it might just be veneer...
------------------
its was originally a squier strat and i thought most squiers were agathis. But i havent recently seen lots of squiers that were alder and it does look like alder
My Rig:
Guitars:
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge SE w/ EMG 81/85
Custom Strat
Ashton Acoustic Electric
Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Laney Hardcore mXd 30
Pedals
Digitech Grunge Distortion

Pyromaniac of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club.
Take a pic looking horizontally along the body of the neck cavity, that's usually the best indicator.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Take a pic looking horizontally along the body of the neck cavity, that's usually the best indicator.

That's the best indicator if it's plywood or not... Agathis != Plywood. If he doesn't know the grain patterns of each wood type, he won't know if it's agathis or alder.
Quote by eXperiment63
That's the best indicator if it's plywood or not... Agathis != Plywood. If he doesn't know the grain patterns of each wood type, he won't know if it's agathis or alder.

Agathis isn't plywood at all.

Again, the best indiacator of what wood type it is, is to take a shot of the side and back of the body.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by AlGeeEater
Agathis isn't plywood at all.

Again, the best indiacator of what wood type it is, is to take a shot of the side and back of the body.

!= means does not equal...
Well excuse my internet nerd typing ignorance then.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I thought =/= ment 'not equal'.

What model Squier was it?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
It's not nerd typing... It's programming language... I should have been more specific.
Last time I checked this was a guitar forum though.
I thought agathis was pine of some kind? Either way alder is better.
Fender Strat Build
Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster MEX
Fender Telecaster USA

Laney LC50-II
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
ProCo TheRat
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Ernie Ball 6166
Line 6 DL4
Line 6 TP UX2