Maybe this is in the wrong thread seeing as it isn't primarily about acoustic/classical guitars, sorry if that is the case.

I'm buying my first acoustic - a Freshman FA1AWR next week I've tried it out, really liked it and put a deposit on it last week. I asked the guy in the store if he could knock anything off it, he said no. I asked if he could stick a free pack of Ernie Balls onto it, said no. Even though the shop's gigbags start at just €15, he said he wouldn't reduce it or throw it in. I'm paying €295 for the guitar, if that's relevant.

Maybe it's cos I'm a girl and my mum was with me ( )they think I don't know **** and refuse to take anything off the price, maybe the shop never takes anything off anyone's gear, I don't know. When I go back to pick up the guitar, should I ask again and is there a best way to go about this? The **** thing is there is nowhere else where I live which stocks this guitar - and it is a great guitar for it's price. Plus I have a deposit on it so I couldn't go anywhere else anyway. I'm really anxious to get as much knocked fof the price as possible as I hope to have enough money left over from my budget to get a Roland Cube 60 but if the store continue to be this stroppy I won't be able to.

Any ideas, thanks in advance.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
persuasion....
but honestly, they ain't sposed to knock anything if theres no offers or anything. You've jsut picked a tight shop
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
Actually, I DID bargain before putting the deposit on the guitar, as I said it's the only place here that guitar is available and it was the last one in stock so I had to put the deposit on. They just wouldn't budge.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
And when did I say I was the only girl on here?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
Edit function, and your sig states that you think you are the only chick pretty clearly...bargain wise you are screwed. You cocked up so hopefully you will learn for the future, always bargain before hand and don't say: I wanna gig bag. Say something like: See that gigbag over there, it's on an offer right, or something similar. If you are blunt they will just ignore
Have a look on the net for the same guitar. If you find it considerably cheaper, tell them that. Say something like "I saw this same guitar for $xx on the net, Id rather shop local but its a pretty big difference". See what they say.