Can somebody please explain this to me? Okay, I've seen people say 12 and 6 o'clock, and 12'oclock makes sense, but, I don't understand how to achieve a 6 o'clock setting on my amp. Assuming it would be at the very bottom of the amp. So...what would be the equivalent of it..on say..my SpiderII?
Look at a normal, old fashioned, analog clock. It corresponds the volume of the amp with the position of the clock.

It's usually used for valve amps, as they sound better at higher volumes wheras the Spider sounds worse the louder it gets. So 3 o'clock would be volume at 3 quarters, basically. You'd set your volume control(s) to where the hours hand would point on a clock if it were 3 o'clock.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
magik?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
or just go to 11!!eleven!!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

The people who say 6:00 are probably from Australia. Clocks and toilets flush the opposite direction, so six is really noon.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by MuffinMan
The people who say 6:00 are probably from Australia. Clocks and toilets flush the opposite direction, so six is really noon.

FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
that's precisely why it's an idiotic analogy
a clock's dials make an entire 360 degree rotation, an amp's dial does not.
a clock's 12-o'clock position is defined as being at the top of the circumfrence. as well as being the starting point. but my amp starts at zero, but that zero is down by 7:30. so my amp goes from 7:30 to 4:30?
is this am or pm?
an amp's 12 o'clock position... wait, what? on which amp? my amp has the numbers on the dial and the "level" marker is at the top. so are my amp's dials ALWAYS on 12 o'clock?

but i'm in the military. WE GO BY 24-HOUR TIME. there is no 12 o'clock

if you say your dial is on 4.5, then everybody knows what the heck you're talking about.
^yes there is 12 o'clock in 24 hour time, there is no am and pm

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by sethp
that's precisely why it's an idiotic analogy
a clock's dials make an entire 360 degree rotation, an amp's dial does not.
a clock's 12-o'clock position is defined as being at the top of the circumfrence. as well as being the starting point. but my amp starts at zero, but that zero is down by 7:30. so my amp goes from 7:30 to 4:30?
is this am or pm?
an amp's 12 o'clock position... wait, what? on which amp? my amp has the numbers on the dial and the "level" marker is at the top. so are my amp's dials ALWAYS on 12 o'clock?

but i'm in the military. WE GO BY 24-HOUR TIME. there is no 12 o'clock

if you say your dial is on 4.5, then everybody knows what the heck you're talking about.

No, since it's not the same on every amp. Some go to 12, for example.
maybe people dont have their clock hanging the right way?

i put mine backwards, so i have to use my ESP to see the time
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
lol, ive seen an amp that goes to 12, which is the 6:00 position. it looked funny the first time i turned all the knobs to 12
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
can't people just say what number they turned it to ie the numbers round the actual knob...?
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
not all knobs have numbers on them.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!