Sorry if this is already a topic but i did a search and it spazed out and i tried changing the phrasing but still didn't work.

What is your favourite guitar effect/technique/sound/noise you can make without the use of pedals?

I have just started using a hand-held fan on my strings and around the pick-ups, kinda acts like an e-bow, gives you those sweet sustained notes, crank the distortion right up and the pick-ups pick up the sound of the rotating fan which can sound really cool when you switch the fan on and off. Add a bit of Delay or Chorus and sounds even cooler.

What are yours? I heard the lead guitarist of Bloc Party has some kind of Childrens toy on one of his telecaster's, anyone got pictures or vdeos of this?
Fender Telecaster Custom '72 reissue
Yamaha F310
Vox Valvetronix Tonelab SE
Last edited by timmyboy1989 at Jun 19, 2007,
i like using a violin bow. i can make solo's with those for hours. and qaarters are pretty fun, use the side and you can make some funny noises
I like slapping all the strings, so they all ring out and I get lots of high feedback, and then controlling its pitch with my whammy bar.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by timmyboy1989
I heard the lead guitarist of Bloc Party has some kind of Childrens toy on one of his telecaster's, anyone got pictures or vdeos of this?

It's on his black tele that he uses in the song Uniform, you can see him use it in this vid at about 4:50: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zLnBh4u8Rw
Quote by mr kipling
I like slapping all the strings, so they all ring out and I get lots of high feedback, and then controlling its pitch with my whammy bar.

I do the same thing except, i fet a chord with the volume off, then hit the strings and slowly raise it.
Do a bunch of open string pinch harmonics, and with the other hand I play with the whammy bar.
Buckethead style.
Are you getting a healthy amount of fibre?
i'll play two harmonic notes and will bend one by pushing on the string behind the note and the discordance makes a cool wavering sound. Oh yeah distortion helps
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Quote by scottlikespie
Do a bunch of open string pinch harmonics, and with the other hand I play with the whammy bar.
Buckethead style.

I'll correct you, Satriani style.

Bucket head doesnt use a bar, what you are describing is a Satch squeal.
I love using false harmonics and harmonics and then I push the strings on top of the headstock before the tuning pegs
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Quote by Cloudkill
I love using false harmonics and harmonics and then I push the strings on top of the headstock before the tuning pegs

yea. thats always fun. i do that a lot to. specially when i play some of my original stuff. gives it kind of a really dark, deep feeling.