Standard: 1312 €
Neck Pickups: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker
Bridge Pickups: 498T Alnico magnet humbucker

Special: 1068 €
Neck Pickups: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker
Bridge Pickups: 490T Alnico magnet humbucker

Is the bridge pickup the one that fills in the price gap? And why do they have the same name but different look? (metalic on a standard and normal humbucker look on a Special)

I'm getting a very good deal for a 498T pickup. Will I get SG Standard quality if I replace the Bridge pickup on a SG Special?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

The main difference is the finish.

The Standard has covered pickups.

As a side note, I'm sure there are better guitars in the price range on your side of the pond .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by hminh87

I'm getting a very good deal for a 498T pickup. Will I get SG Standard quality if I replace the Bridge pickup on a SG Special?

You should, since theyre both SG's.
They're basically the same guitar, I actually prefer the Special over the Standard, but that's just me. The pickups in the special aren't to my liking though so I replaced them, the bridge sounds too weak (imo), but that doesn't justify the difference in price between the two. Covers for the pickups can also be bought for like $10 if you like that look over the open coils look.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com