meet the johns:

myspace.com/yesiamthatbad

they are a chicago-area indie-electro-folk band. this probably sounds unappealing to you metalheads and classic rockers that frequent this forum. but this is beyond music. this is making a band's dream come true? what's this dream you ask? i almost forgot.

the johns are in the running, with a lot of other bands, for the chance to play the biggest alternative music festival ... evar. that's right. lollapalooza. is that not a childhood dream? to play lollapalooza. i remember being a little kid watching woodstock '94 with my cousin and thinking "wow ... this is the greatest thing ever." ... mainly the naked chicks covered in mud. but i digress.

what can we do to put them in their rightful place (click on the picture, they're actually a really good band edit: apparently you can't do that anymore)? we can vote. you can vote from each e-mail address you have once a day here:

http://lollapalooza.mp3.com/feature/2007lollapalooza/?band=thejohnschicago

just enter your e-mail address where it says, and enter the code it has written on the page and press vote. simple as that. i guarantee we can do it if we all chip in just a vote or two a day. let's get to it!
#DTWD
Isn't that advertising? Besides, the singer... ehh..
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Last edited by Cynoxx at Jun 19, 2007,
I'm sure a lot of bands deserve to go to lollapalooza.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Cynoxx
Isn't that advertising?

um no. if it is remind me to close the free box thread. i'm not asking you to buy anything or sign up for a website or sign up for some forums. i'm just asking you to just vote for this guy's band. but as usual UG is too cynical and angst-ridden to do anything nice for anyone.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
um no. if it is remind me to close the free box thread.

Close the free box thread then... I'm not sure what you're talking about anyways. You're the mod though... do whatever you want .
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
I voted for them, now they have 1337 notes
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

im in
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by garden of grey
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that's what i thought. and you know what actually is advertising? the nationstates threads. i hadn't thought about that. i'll ponder before i close them.

Quote by _Mayday_
You should promote every band on that list. Fairs fair.

the music business isn't fair though, so your point is nil. i'm sure all these bands have some kind of street team somewhere. hell i don't even know the guy or the band. i just know someone who knows them on another forum. i just want to do something nice for someone.
#DTWD
Don't close the free box thread or this thread. He's only trying to help the band. I'm in.

(Just don't close the free box thread)
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
I also consider this advertising,
its only a free vote but you are bringing attention to another site and another band

this should also be in the promote your band section IMO.......

as for the free box thread, its old and done, close it if you want...
Im gonna make a thread for my friends band who's entering this! Bet you it would be closed!
Why this particular band, may I ask?

By all means close the free box thread, its only valid for people in the States anyway.
Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Confusius or Marmoseti to join
Quote by MightyAl
So, which one of those is the TS or the TS's mate?

Exactly what I was thinking. Exactly

I say his best friend is the one with the cigarette.
Quote by honeybiscuit
By making this bands dream come true won't we be preventing other bands from going?

Essentially, yes. But if you like them, then vote for them.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by moody07747
its only a free vote but you are bringing attention to another site and another band

ok then you win. i'm going to close everything that's advertising in this forum.

*closed*
#DTWD
Quote by False_God
Im gonna make a thread for my friends band who's entering this! Bet you it would be closed!

I agree. I don't want to be mean or anything, but it seems that there's alot of ass kissing going on here, too.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by moody07747

the YOUR in promote YOUR band is there for a reason. it's not MY band. i don't KNOW the guy. he lives in chicago. i live in ****ing central IL (i know you're all retards but that means it's about 2 hours apart). i've never even met the guy online. i have no personal motive. it could've been any band. but this is the one that was brought to my attention. so i'm trying to rally support for it. why do y'all always have to be so cynical. i will keep it closed though. and don't worry, i already reported myself for advertising.
#DTWD