if you check out www.sex-pistols.net theres been small talk on steve jones radio station that the pistols are back in the studio. it may just turn out to be a lot of crap and the pistols don't do anything, but if they did,what would you you think? how do you think it would turn out?

personally I'm unsure. the whole idea of releasing a pistols album is **** to me because I don't want to see the pistols legacy completely ruined. although I can't lie, i would still be interested to hear how it turns out even if it is utter bollocks,bollocks in a **** was not bollocks in a pistols way.
This bodes ill…
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I'm sorry to say this but I'm really sick of old bands trying to come back. Give it the **** up, we love your old stuff and you've all had a good run but stop trying to have a come back. It's just ridiculous, especially since most of the old bands that try to make new albums don't even have their front man or are missing most of the members that used to be in it.
What's up?
Didnt they only release one album in the last 30 years? If they do, kudos to them. Then Axl Rose will have a new record to beat concerning the amount of time between albums.
Quote by HPLoveCraft
I'm sorry to say this but I'm really sick of old bands trying to come back. Give it the **** up, we love your old stuff and you've all had a good run but stop trying to have a come back. It's just ridiculous, especially since most of the old bands that try to make new albums don't even have their front man or are missing most of the members that used to be in it.

I agrre......Guns N Roses Anyone........anyway i thought the sex pistols hated the sight of each other?
Quote by gallagher2006
Didnt they only release one album in the last 30 years? If they do, kudos to them. Then Axl Rose will have a new record to beat concerning the amount of time between albums.

they only ever released one album. I think it would turn out a good album musically. however it wouldn't be punk and it would probably be really cheesy.
The Radio Birdman CD that came out awhile ago is terrible.
It's painful to listen to.

New Pistols stuff would be like that, methinks.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
id rather see paul cook and steve jones (the talented members) start another band with different members and play true rock n roll. how awesome would that be.
Quote by gallagher2006

Damn, and I thought Adrian Eldritch and Trent Reznor were lazy bastards…
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
So long as an old band still has its "important" members, then I think it's great for that band to tour and play their old songs for kids who weren't alive the first time around, but I'm not very interested in hearing new records from them. There's exceptions, but not many that I know of.
Quote by BigTakeover138
id rather see paul cook and steve jones (the talented members) start another band with different members and play true rock n roll. how awesome would that be.

They did that after the Pistols.
They were in a band called The Professionals and it was pretty good stuff.

But the band that would have been great was what they did right before that: the short-lived Sham Pistols.

Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
They really should just leave it. I'd buy it, but wouldn't hope for much.
I have no hopes for that.
Even if it were to happen, I think it'd sound poor. John Lydon's voice isnt that impressive anymore, if I'm remembering correctly. I'm pretty sure I've really disliked their live material from reunions and such.
DOWN&OUT
I wouldn't buy it. The Sex Pistols were together for what, 2, 2.5 years? In 1977. And doesn't Johnny Rotten kind of hate Jones, Cook, and Matlock? Something about them getting back together 30 years later and making a new album doesn't seem right to me...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by neidnarb11890
I wouldn't buy it. The Sex Pistols were together for what, 2, 2.5 years? In 1977. And doesn't Johnny Rotten kind of hate Jones, Cook, and Matlock? Something about them getting back together 30 years later and making a new album doesn't seem right to me...

Lydon dosnt hate the rest of the pistols. he disagrees with them on a lot of things and likes to pretend he does, but he dosnt hate them. he recently said on some sports radio statioñthat he loves going on tour with the guys from the pistols. He also said that anything was possible including a P.I.L reform. although he's full of ****, I tend not to belive any rumors about the pistols untill it comes from lydon, simple because without him, the pistols won't do anything.
yeah I heard that he was bringing out a solo project as well but if its anything by the last one he did, I probably won't bother with that. the thing is he said he planned to get rid of all the lies and rumors surrounding the pistols, but yet they are the band with more rumors and bull**** surrounding them than anyone else and he's got to take some blame in that
Supposing that we were given Rotten, Matlock, Jones, Cook.

Chris Spedding.

Chris Thomas, Bill Price and the original engineers.

And great songs.

I would be up for that. Otherwise, forget it.

Unless I was there, in which case it would be a fantastic album.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Unless I was there, in which case it would be a fantastic album.

Id buy it then. You should talk to them about that.
Quote by Skiracer110
Id buy it then. You should talk to them about that.

I'll see what I can do.

There'd be a few ego problems, but they could be straightened out fine
Quote by the glue man
I could actually see you being in the Sex Pistols.

Johnny Skull****!!! Anarchy In The U.K.!!! (middle finger)

I never figured out how to get passed the censors.

Steve Jones probably will only last a few more years, so's I'll fill his shoes.

I think I'd make a really good Sex Pistol.

I wouldn't be as cool as Glen Matlock though, but then again, I'd rather be dead than cool because I'm a punk rocker, man.