I recently played this guitar at a store, and I thought it was great, but I wanted a guitar with a floyd rose. Are there any similar guitars, with a maple body, single active EMG pickup, but also with a floyd rose available on the market? I'm looking for a price tag below $700. Or should I just shell out the extra cash and look for a guitar with two active EMGs and an OFR instead of one?

Also, are EMGs just good for that great metal/hard rock distortion, or can I also get harmonics and such out of them? Like, how versatile are they? I have another good guitar for cleans, so I don't need anything like that out of 'em.
There's a few single-EMG guitars with Floyds out there, but not in your price range. And EMGs are awesome for harmonics. That's one of the things they do best.
Don't bother buying a guitar with a cheap floyd, my advice....
get more cash and buy a guitar with an original floyd, schaller floyd rose,
or buy an ibz with an edge 3 trem ( I think it's called like that ), the guitar will stay in tune
and you'll be satisfied
Gear

Custom Les Paul
Custom Handmade Telecaster quilted natural top with piezo fishman pickup
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 601
Boss DS-1, Boss MD-2,
Jim Dunlop Cry baby
Quote by Jim Page
Don't bother buying a guitar with a cheap floyd, my advice....
get more cash and buy a guitar with an original floyd, schaller floyd rose,
or buy an ibz with an edge 3 trem ( I think it's called like that ), the guitar will stay in tune
and you'll be satisfied

The RR24 has an OFR. And the Edge III sucks. The best current Ibanez trem is the Edge Pro.
I'm not talking bout the Randy R. Jackson...............
Gear

Custom Les Paul
Boss DS-1, Boss MD-2,
Jim Dunlop Cry baby
I'm just talking general, cheaper jacksons have licensed FR like some other guitars... And yeah, the RR 24 has an original FR
Gear

Custom Les Paul
Boss DS-1, Boss MD-2,
Jim Dunlop Cry baby
well if your edge III sucks you got a problem, my friend's IBZ has an edge III and the damn thing won't go out of tune after divebombs and other ****... I got myself a new guitar with a Schaller floyd rose and it's great.
Gear

Custom Les Paul
Boss DS-1, Boss MD-2,
Jim Dunlop Cry baby
S series Ibanez ZR trem..... Better than OFR IMO
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
there is an ibanez rg with a single pickup and a floyd type bridge.

its not an emg pickup, but i heard it was pretty good!
Top lel.
Yeah, I just took a look at that Ibanez. It looks like a good fit, but it's still exactly $1k. So are there any guitars with two active pickups and an OFR that are cheaper than $1k? Or, at least two active licensed pickups that I could switch out with EMGs?
Quote by Jim Page
well if your edge III sucks you got a problem, my friend's IBZ has an edge III and the damn thing won't go out of tune after divebombs and other ****... I got myself a new guitar with a Schaller floyd rose and it's great.

The bridges are very hit-or-miss. I don't personally own one, but I've heard countless stories of the Edge III wearing out after a couple of months and losing any ability whatsoever to keep itself in tune. Schaller Floyds are great, although they have a sonewhat stiffer feel. Schaller made the original OFRs back in the '80s.
right for Schallers, but hey, his edge is in top condition, the guitar is 2 years old, and he only changed the pickups, that's all
Gear

Custom Les Paul
Boss DS-1, Boss MD-2,
Jim Dunlop Cry baby
The best advice to give the dude is to save up money and buy a guitar with a good FR style bridge.
Gear

Custom Les Paul
Boss DS-1, Boss MD-2,
Jim Dunlop Cry baby
yeah this is the ibanez
http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG2610E

it has an edge pro bridge so that shouldnt be a problem. it doesnt bring an emg pickup tho...
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating