I have never ever heard smoke on the water played on the radio or a music channel.

Ever.
crazy train
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
defiitely stairway.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
smoke on the water, everyone always asks if you can play it if you pull out a guitar, that and whatever stupid song their favourite band plays. grrrrr
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
That Fallout Boy song, Sugar We're Going Down, I think that was the name. That received undeserving air-time.

And the song "Blue" by Eiffel 65, but that song was sweet back in the day.

EDIT: I see you mean most overplayed song on a guitar...my bad. I'd say Smells Like Teen Spirit or Smoke on the Water, probably. Then also Iron Man is always being played.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Last edited by karateguy29 at Jun 19, 2007,
Well, I meant Stairway To Heaven as the most overplayed song when someone comes up to you and says play a song
i have to say stairway for what people call their favorite song. gotta say intro to smoke on the water for overplayed guitar riff, which bothers me that n00b guitarist kids don't even know how the rest of the song even goes...

for radio, (around atlanta) it's "Black Betty" cover by Spiderbait or however you spell that band's name
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Most overplayed songs don't seem worthy of being so overplayed, but Crazy Train and Smoke on the Water especially.

Also, Ain't Talkin Bout Love and Little Wing.
you know, whenever i pull out a guitar, everyone asks if i can play "sweet home alabama" or "freebird". i HATE when people ask me that, and i absolutely refuse to play those songs.
Needlenick wrote:

Quote by scarfacesuit
i have to say stairway for what people call their favorite song. gotta say intro to smoke on the water for overplayed guitar riff, which bothers me that n00b guitarist kids don't even know how the rest of the song even goes...

for radio, (around atlanta) it's "Black Betty" cover by Spiderbait or however you spell that band's name

I don't know the rest of Smoke On The Water, but thats cause I didn't really care about the song that much, I just hate how noone knows how to play the intro correctly.
Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

I admit, I liked it back when my musical taste was less mature, but they ****ing played it everywhere, everyday. I even heard it today while I was at a store.
Quote by Hot Fuzz
Smells Like Teen Spirit definitely.

+5,000,000
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
Just in General like
on the radio
being covered
or people saying its their favorite song from that band because it's the only one they've probably ever heard

the first 2 smoke on the water doesn't really fit in (except of course the intro riff) but the last one it does, whenever you say deep purple, someone says "yeah smoke on the water!" and then forgets any of their other songs
Quote by eltyr18
I don't know the rest of Smoke On The Water, but thats cause I didn't really care about the song that much, I just hate how noone knows how to play the intro correctly.

well, it's just annoying when some kids are like "hey i can play guitar" and they play that intro riff... incorrectly too. that's about the time i take the guitar back and say "no you can't... go crawl under a rock."
Needlenick wrote:

Sweet Child of Mine
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
paradise city
and i HATE it ¬___¬
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Around here, the big things are...

Smoke on the Water
Smells like teen spirit
Anything done by AC/DC and Lynyrd Skynyrd

It's all the same, pretty much. They never ask for what they haven't heard of, and the pathetic thing is that all the "preppy" guys walking around playing the air guitar and can't keep the rhythm to any of those songs listed above
Quote by yawn
Most overplayed songs don't seem worthy of being so overplayed, but Crazy Train and Smoke on the Water especially.

Also, Ain't Talkin Bout Love and Little Wing.

yeah, but little wing deserves it.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
yesterday by paul mccartney or the beatles, one of them 2

did you know its the most covered song in history? i doubt you did!
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Free Bird and Sweet Home
GAH!
I refuse to learn them and Stairway.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
free bird. by far, I actually like stairway and know how to play the whole song.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Time Is Running Out - Muse
overly played in this part of the world ever since they came here. I have a feeling Jet will be more overplayed over here coz they came here recently too.

There will be a gig,and there will be 5 bands playing Starlight and the singer can't even do a perfect falsetto. And there will be 4 our of those 5 bands playing Time Is Running Out with 2 other bands playing that same song too.

Cover gigs are boring sometimes.
Quote by catchtherainbow
Time Is Running Out - Muse
overly played in this part of the world ever since they came here. I have a feeling Jet will be more overplayed over here coz they came here recently too.

There will be a gig,and there will be 5 bands playing Starlight and the singer can't even do a perfect falsetto. And there will be 4 our of those 5 bands playing Time Is Running Out with 2 other bands playing that same song too.

Cover gigs are boring sometimes.
I wish Muse was overplayed where I live.
Sweet Home Alabama

Those KFC commercials make me want to kill something.