has anyone noticed how the cheap beginner guitars are almost always harder to play than their more expensive counterparts? i know, better materials, more attention to detail, but its just weird because you think it would be about equal... your thoughts?

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Cheap Guitar-Cheaply made, Cheap product, most certainly craptastic

Expensive Guitar- Well made, Great Product, better playability and sound because more money went into the production of it, and most certainly not craptastic.

A cheap guitar is not going to play as well as any expensive guitar, the fact of the matter is that if its cheap, it is poorly made.
thats exactly what i am saying, its ironic and probably why we dont have as many guitarists as we could have. (but how many 12 year old kids saying "i can play iron man, i rule" do we need? (not trying to be a dick so forgive me for that)).

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I really don't think beginner guitarists can tell the difference in sound, quality, and playability as well as a person looking to spend a $1000 plus on a guitar. It's just like everything in the world. Bicycles, cars, skateboards, clothes, etc. Crap made bicycles are cheap, and amazing bikes are expensive. A very well made guitar is not going to sell cheap, so I fail to see the irony here.
i guess you have a point, *goes and hides in a corner sulking*

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

haha, yeah there isn't any apparent irony in the situation to me either. i do agree that cheaper guitars tend to be a bit harder to play than more expensive guitars though. in my experience this seems to have very little do with the actual construction of the guitar or the neck itself, but just the action... which can, of course, be adjusted. so unless you are just uber picky about the size and shape of the necks on your acoustics, you can really get a cheap guitar to play just as easily as an expensive guitar. sound and material/construction quality are the big factors that you just can't really do much about in a cheap guitar.
you may not think its ironic, but let me explain to you why I think it is ironic.

beginner guitar - bought by beginners to learn to play, yet hard to play and learn on.

awesome guitar- bought by awesome guitarists to expand collection, easy to play and be godly on.

im not complaining, trying to change anything or otherwise cause a stir, i am just saying what i thought was ironic.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by Nick_
I don't find that ironic at all tbqh

Everybody has already stated that so don't be shy.

But , yeah I have noticed that. Always out of tune too. That is probably just my school's guitars. Nobody tunes them.