What guitar do you have?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
it's says. it's still saying it, after all.

and if it has a tremelo, scratch off a bit of the finish somewhere in the cavity. under the pickguard works well too. or the neck pocket if it's a bolt-on.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ex: you have a fender stratocaster, you go to the fender website and check the specs of your guitar.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
look at it, and if it's a solid finish, if you really wanna know, take out the pickups and look at the grain, but just type in your guitar on google and look up the specs of it, shouldn't take long
Jesus ****ing Christ and crackers I'm stupid....it's right on the fender website (i have a starcaster btw). They must've updated it or something because I checked a while ago and the little box that told you what kinda wood it was, was blank.
agathis is decent, it's a close relative to mahogany. what type of music do you play?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
A "SP-10" it's a terrible, terrible hellspawned craptastic beginner amp that came with the Starcaster package but I can't afford to buy a new one. That's why I'm buying pickups because they're generally cheaper than an amp and effect your tone a lot too.
Sorry, I don't know who told you that, but pickups do not improve your tone through a crappy amp. Unless you're playing through a decent amp, you won't notice the difference. Just keep on savin', buddy.

EDIT: Epiphone Valve Junior Combos go for 120 USD, I believe. Aim for that. That is a really good amp, especially for the price.
Quote by tubab0y
it's a close relative to mahogany.

Not at all. Mahogany and agathis are in two completely different phylums.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'