Page 1 of 2
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
hmm......works for me....is an Ibanez SR300 4 String Bass
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
The second one is dead.

I would suggest saving up just $100 more and getting a Fender. If you're intent on a new bass for under $300 then a Peavey Millenium 4 AC BXP would work nicely.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Millennium-4-AC-BXP-4String-Bass?sku=511400
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

For $300, you might be able to find a nicer used bass than a lower end new bass. You'd be surprised on the kind of bargains you can get if you look.
Save up a bit more for a second bass. The other option is to mod your first one....I've been happy with that road
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
how much do you suggest i spend if i have to get a brand new bass?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
My two pence here.

If your amp is low end, upgrade that first. It will add much more to your overall sound than a new bass.

And don't rule out used or modding. I did one (good used bass) and I am in the process of doing the other (modding). I've seen Fender American Jazz basses used for under $700.00. And if the body and wood of your current bass is good, a new set of pups can do wonders.
yeah..... i guess i should do the amp first......right now i have a fender rumble 15 (i think)
what should i get? i would have to get something pretty cheap
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
check out Adhdown they got some pritty good amps but the qulity arnt the best...
Quote by MPQW11
check out Adhdown they got some pritty good amps but the qulity arnt the best...

Their quality control seems to have really improved recently and they are now making very good, reliable amps.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
there are some new fender squier basses in that price tag: Fender Squier Vintage Modified, theyre really good i think... they have then in precision, jazz and jazz fretless, worth checking out definitly!

AND NO they dont sound like squiers, but like much higher end fender basses... to me at least.... they SD pickups, WHICH KICK ASS!
this will sound stupid, but whats a bass head, cabinet ..........whats the difference?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
a head is like... what you plug to a cab to make it actually have sound... the cabinet is like a speaker for the head....

This is a head:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-800RB-Bass-Head?sku=482505

This is a cabinet:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Goldline-4x10-Bass-Cabinet?sku=486511

the combos are like heads with cabinets together, but theyre smaller and generally not very good...
ok, so i want a combo amp, cuase i can't afford that right? lol
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
yeah i have a combo too... a fender rumble 100... i hate it... might be good if you just want a mellow warm tone with not much clear sound... for blues and jazz and warmness its cool... if you need a clear bell-like defined tone... go for something else... its cool, you can even play small or medium-small gig with it easily, you will be heard for sure, but its just not for me...

im gonna buy a head and a cab as soon as i possibly can...
is a SWR LA15 1x15 Bass Combo Amplifier good?........yes, i did copy/ paste that

also, i like to play stuff like evanescence all the way to b182
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
check this out:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Rumble-Series-100210-100-Watt-2x10-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=481138

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Bassman-150-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480872

id recommend an ampeg b115 but theyre really expensive... but if you could stretch your wallet a bit i'd recommend it...

that swr is ok... but i think those fender ones are better then that particular swr...
Save up some more cash. An Ibanez BTB 200 is a nice bass, but not a big improvement from a squire precision. I'd save up.
i need stuff thats a bit cheaper

edit EDB700 Ergodyne 4 String Bass ?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Last edited by zero_123 at Jun 20, 2007,
zero... then just buy a really crappy practice amp and save up that money to get something later.... its just not worth to be paying 200 or 300$ for a crappy amp... get like a 70$ and save up... if youre not gonna play with a band then youll be fine...

but theres one thing, zero... the crappy amps are unispiring cose they give a crappy sound... and people sometimes quit for that same reason... if i were you i'd actually save up for somethingbetter and just play my bass acoustic...
ok....how much $ do you mean by expinsive?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
well...i dont know... depends... the stuff im think of getting will be about....... 1200$ on musicstore.com.......... but it seriously RULES!.....
um....around $400? Line 6 LowDown LD150 1x12 Bass Combo Amplifier?
i dunno much about amps, but if i was gonna be in a band would that be good?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I'd recommend just about any amp over the Ampeg BA115 on a value for money basis. Try the Peavey TNT115 - it's probably the best sounding amp in that price range and it isn't quiet either.
look dude... for you can check out those amps i put the link in here to you , theres the first page, theyre 450€ i think... theyre good... line 6 its nnot as good... but they have cool effects, you can **** around with it alot...
i like the 2nd link.....looks good from the reviews
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
i dunno.....i haven't really messed with anything that much

......bassman looks good
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
evanescence?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
well... i dont listen to them... but i noticed on this last song, call me up when youre sober... when you hear the bass really loud and stuff... you know the part im talking about..... hes using an overdrive pedal, or amp overdrive..........

get the bassman then.... if you want some nasty tones i recommend you the boss OBD-3 overdrive, i like that pedal............ or a russian big muff.......... or a boss GEB-7, which is an equalizer, but if you equalize it in a certain manner, you'll get overdrive tones....
ok.......lol, whats the difference between distortion and overdrive? cuase i have a boss DS-1
(i think thats what its called)
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
overdrive is different......i cannot explain it.......... its like more defined and clearer distortion..........i also have a boss DS-1, great pedal... but now we are using it on the guitar, cose it sounds better on the guitar.... and im using my guitarrist's boss DS-2, which sounds better on bass i think............

that part you hear (before the chorus i think) on that song i mentioned above, thats overdrive, you cant get that sound with your distortion pedal....

as for the big muff... the russian is better for bass... and its one of the only pedals that dont take away your low end to hell, especially if you pair it with an equalizer..... if could get one of the old russian ones.... oh my god... i cant even tell you how amazing it would be... just listen to chris of Muse, thats what he uses.... if you dont know him, check out the song "Hysteria", the intro is all bass........ but the big muff is more of a fuzz pedal instead of plain distortion...
ok, there is an ibanez overdrive pedal ($50) and a boss overdrive pedal ($90) on the samash site........and do stores buy used amps/pedals/guitars?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
boss, dont ever make the mistake of going with that ibanez overdrive..... yuck... what piece of crap... but buy the OBD-3, if youre going for an overdrive, cose its designed especially for bass frequencies and even works great with a 5 string......

yeah and some stores do buy used equipment....
Page 1 of 2