i have naturally oily fingers and hands, my guitar strings deteriorate faster because of the oil. is there nay way i can fix this?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.
Quote by Gorre
i have naturally oily fingers and hands, my guitar strings deteriorate faster because of the oil. is there nay way i can fix this?

Wash your hands before you play, it'll get rid of all the nasties
You can't really get rid of how much oil and sweat comes out of your hands... just live with it, wear a cloth hanging out of your pants that you can wipe your hands off on. I have sweaty hands too, I'm used to it though. As for the strings, When they get old, just replace them, they break easier once they are used, so even if you want to clean them, you would be better off to just buy new ones.
buy a string cleaner from your local guitar shop. and give your string a quike wipe every time you put down your guitar
my friend said use baby powder or somethin to make your hands dry. would that work?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.
if you just wipe your strings down with a dry paper towel at the end of every day then no crap will build up on them
just wipe your strings and wash your hands
or you could spend 100+ dollars on elixer strings which resist residue build up but hey who wants to pay that much money
Quote by rcbass
just wipe your strings and wash your hands
or you could spend 100+ dollars on elixer strings which resist residue build up but hey who wants to pay that much money

actually, for a pack of elixirs, its a whopping $10

they last at least twice as long, so it's worth it.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
get higher quality strings that don't get dirty as fast, and wash your hands often. keep hand sanitizer with you or something.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I used to wash my hands every time I would even touch my guitar... that helps but I just got annoyed by it
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.