I'm just curious which pedal you guys think would be the best to get first. I've never owned one and to be honest, have no idea which one I will use the most in the long run. I was kind of thinking like a little Boss Distortion stompbox. What do you guys think?
Your rig?.

What music do you play?.

How much are you willing to spend?.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
well dont go with the boss DS-1. it pretty much sucks.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
i think that if you're just starting and have no pedals then it would be best to get a cheap multi-effects pedal with a wah. it's not the best for great sound or live use but you could learn to use the wah and have distortion, delay, etc. get better pedals later. i'm just assuming you haven't been playing very long cause of the no pedals thing
I recommend getting a distortion pedal first, DS-1 is a nice distortion, but also try DS-2 wich is a little more agressive, but it's up to you.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Quote by sowhat360
i think that if you're just starting and have no pedals then it would be best to get a cheap multi-effects pedal with a wah. it's not the best for great sound or live use but you could learn to use the wah and have distortion, delay, etc. get better pedals later. i'm just assuming you haven't been playing very long cause of the no pedals thing

Good idea.

Threadstarter, if you have a crappy starter's amp, I suggest you purchase a new amp; roland cube 30 or vox ad series amps.

They come with multi-effects.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by lagunasunrise
well dont go with the boss DS-1. it pretty much sucks.

the ds-1 gives you an ace crunchy rock sound. good for metal too.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Actually, I've been playing 5 years. I just don't usually have the extra money to buy pedals and stuff. I play alot of stuff, rock, screamo, some oldies, and even starting to learn blues. I more than likely will be playing more screamo/rock though. And yeah, an amp is on my list as well, but that wont be for a while.
...So you've been playing for 5 years and you don't have a decent amp?.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
...So you've been playing for 5 years and you don't have a decent amp?.

Correct, sorry that my family and I don't have a lot of money to throw a couple hundred at an amp..

I'm only 15, and I have a job, but I have only been working one day a week since I have school.

I have a pretty old Fender 38 watt.
Quote by Silverstein14
Correct, sorry that my family and I don't have a lot of money to throw a couple hundred at an amp..

I'm only 15, and I have a job, but I have only been working one day a week since I have school.

I have a pretty old Fender 38 watt.

Oh, I didn't mean to offend you. It was just an assumption, nothing more.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I would say get a multi FX unit and a good wah

I love my Yamaha magicstomp, great sounds and amazing reverb out of that.
also you can get it at a fair price on ebay. I got mine new for $70 when MF was selling them out.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 20, 2007,
You're close to getting a legal job or so, and maybe you should evaluate your gear situation at that time. But, if you want to go the pedal route, which I did, find a decent multi effects pedal, and et it teach you what effects you need, and what sounds you want, so you'll know what you want from an amp.

I was playing for 5 years too before I got a decent amp. Just be patient, and keep playing.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yeah I just wanted to know ahead of time. I know that I need a new amp first, but thanks for all the advice.

Jinskee, no worries man, I took it the wrong way. My bad.