Ok, so this my newest work.... Yes, the Interlude with the extended power-chords was inspired by NovemberRain's use of them. I think it might be a bit too simple and repetitive, but vocals/lyrics will make it better. I think it's heavily influenced by early In Flames (like on Man Made God), and Iron Maiden...

It definitely still needs work, but I think its good.

Oh, and Virus is just a preliminary title.... No lyrics yet, just an idea.

EDIT: Scroll down to the sixth post for the updated version.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Jun 20, 2007,
I think the rhythm under the solo sounds a little....roadkill....think that needs work, however i think it would sound better live than a midi file, also you might wanna pan the guitars a little better and maybe adjust the volume levels so the guitars are more distinctive and dont clash so much.

Not Bad so far though.
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
This is pretty good, man. I agree with guy up there, it does need a little work. Some of the harmonies you were hitting in the verse sounded kind of nasty. I'm thinking like bar 29: That F you're playing in the harmony is clashing big time with the F# in the chord. Unless of course that's what sound you were going for, then power to you.

Other than that though it's shaping up pretty well.
Yeah, the F was a little dissonant, but I thought an 11 (F#) was too high pitched. Now that I try it again though, it sounds ok.

And I put the pan on 4/-4 for the guitars and it seems fine.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
weird on the tab i downloaded, they were panned at 1/-1,

also i checked out your band, your guys are good, loving blitzkrieg (sp?) and the movie wasnt half bad either, who would of thought, in his own basement......
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
I really liked this. Though didn't sound very 'deathy' to me. But i'm a n00b to Death Metal/Melodeth/whatever xD.

I really liked some of the harmonies there, but some during the verse seemed a little off.

My only other complaint is that the bass is just the root notes throughout the whole thing, bit when the riffs are quite complex, getting the bass to do something even more complicated isn't a great idea, so it's only a minor thing.

Overall, really good. Though a little short?

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609528

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
^ Thanks for the crit man.

WOWdoritos- thanks.

And here's the updated file.. (With pans and edited harmonies)

EDIT: Updated again. I've been spending some time on it, making the bass-lines a bit different, and the solo less chaotic.... And I worked a bit on the Backing for the solo.
Attachments:
Virus.zip
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Jun 21, 2007,
Oof.

I can safely see that you've gone wrong here. You've got some massive potential, a lot of the riffs are quite nice but there's so many instruments conflicting, and the triplets in the main theme really don't sound right. Seriously it was chaotic and the solo had a lot of off key notes (though I think it was the rhythm behind it that was out of key rather than the soloing guitar). Seriously some of your riffs could be improved and would end up excellent but this was a massive waste of potential.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
If it's such a waste, how about give some helpful ideas of how to make it less "chaotic", or better?
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Slow down the solos, get the key the backing's in, and stick to it.

Also, get rid of the triplets. Sound baaad.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
average-ish but as every one said it could be so much more better!!

PEACE DUDE ! i may crit when you fix it a bit