Anyways, I sold off my thunderverb to a cousin, and after paying a few things off, I've got $1400 to spend on a head. I've got a marshall 1960AV cab, and a vader 2x12, and an earcandy 2x12. I really like the marshall vibe that tom morello gets, but I want my amp to be flexible. The TV was awesome, but not what I was looking for.

I was checking out The Genz Benz El Diablo, Peavey JSX, the new Vox CPH 50 watt head, Marshall DSL 50.

I really like that audioslave/rage tone, but I want to be able to get chunk and so on, just really versatile. My gigging guitars include a fender deluxe player's strat, Scechter C-1 Classic with SD hot rodded pickups, and an ESP EC-1000
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I would either want to look into the JSX or a marshall jcm 800 head, man.

Tom Morello uses em'.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
I would either want to look into the JSX or a marshall jcm 800 head, man.

Tom Morello uses em'.

i just played a jcm2000 dsl today, and it was incredible, stay away from the tsl, sounds too thin
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
^I agree on the TSL. Did you play the 50 or the 100?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
^I agree on the TSL. Did you play the 50 or the 100?

it was the 100 and it was amazing
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
Quote by hschecter
i just played a jcm2000 dsl today, and it was incredible, stay away from the tsl, sounds too thin

...what are you taking about.

And imo, jcm 800/900 > dsl's/tsl's.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
How are the cleans? I'd imagine there would be a decent amount of headroom.

Edit: the JCM800 was in the back of my head for awhile, and it's up there, but I do want to give other amps a go while I have the choice.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Willing to go used? If so, Mark IV gets my vote.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Jinskee
...what are you taking about.

And imo, jcm 800/900 > dsl's/tsl's.

well i didn't like the tsls, but i thought the dsls were good, but i never said 800/900s weren't as good
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
I've been searching for one of the mark iv's too, but I haven't been able to find an ebayer that would ship to me. And I don't know if it's true or not, but my local dealer told me Mesa shut down their distribution in Hawaii, so I'm outta luck.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by hschecter
well i didn't like the tsls, but i thought the dsls were good, but i never said 800/900s weren't as good

But what was the point of quoting me?.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Jcm2000's at that price range are some of the worst bang for your buck. They are really subpar marshalls, waaay too muddy

im with Jinks and Forsaken. a jcm 800 or jsx would be great. Mark III would be great as well. Basically a hotrodded jcm 800 with stellar cleans.(very easily cuts through any mix)

also if u do go used mark iv is open as well. craps all over the other amps, tho the EL diablo can hold its own. its pretty damn versatile,. Has a great clean, and 6505 distortion
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
Jcm2000's at that price range are some of the worst bang for your buck. They are really subpar marshalls, waaay too muddy

im with Jinks and Forsaken. a jcm 800 or jsx would be great. Mark III would be great as well. Basically a hotrodded jcm 800 with stellar cleans.(very easily cuts through any mix)

also if u do go used mark iv is open as well. craps all over the other amps, tho the EL diablo can hold its own. its pretty damn versatile,. Has a great clean, and 6505 distortion

Amen. Except the Mark IV doesn't have 6505 distortion. It "craps all over" the 6505.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
i like the mark iv a ton (see sig haha)

if you want hotrodded marshall check out splawn amps, they are verstatile and very nice. might need to get a used one tho
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I was looking at the splawns earlier, but they're a bit over my budget. However, I did play a Vox AC50CPH, and let me tell you, AWESOME. It's at the top of my list right now. I'll be able to test drive the el diablo next week, and we'll se how that goes.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Striketalonx
Amen. Except the Mark IV doesn't have 6505 distortion. It "craps all over" the 6505.

i was referring to the el diablo
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Reincaster
I was looking at the splawns earlier, but they're a bit over my budget. However, I did play a Vox AC50CPH, and let me tell you, AWESOME. It's at the top of my list right now. I'll be able to test drive the el diablo next week, and we'll se how that goes.

Can't wait to hear your opinion on the El Diablo. I've never heard one , but from what I've heard about them, they're supposed to be great. Please keep us posted!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011