I keep braking my whammy bar ( so far I've broken it twice ) now i have to pay money to get the shop to take it out. Should i switch bridges? is there somethin wrong with my setting, or am i just monstrous when i use my whammy
Is it a screw in strat style or is it a pop in style?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
What kind of a tremelo bridge is it? It's likely that the bridge is just not of..the utmost quality.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by jackson001
Is it a screw in strat style or is it a pop in style?

its a mexican so theres no fancy two point pivot, pop in bridges.
if you have a screw type whammy bar its 100% you!!!, chill out. if its another kind then i dunno.
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
is it a Made in Mexico Strat? If yes, maybe the springs under the back plate are too tight.. or the screws on the bridge (where the bidge pivots) are too tight..

In both cases, it makes you pushing too hard on the bar

I could be wrong though..
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
Quote by tennisace
how do you know if its from mexico or not?

1. its half as cheap as the one from america

2. it says on the headstock
it's written on the headstock
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
Quote by Callaham Vintage Guitars
Note on Tremolo Arms: The #1 breaker of tremolo arms is the spring Fender puts inside their blocks. Do NOT use this spring. If your arm has too much play, wrap it with teflon tape. The spring will cause the threads to gall and lock up. The 2nd reason for broken arms is trying to thread the arm in too far. Our arms fit our blocks with little or no play. Fender arms do not. If you keep trying to thread any arm past thread length, the block will try to cut additional threads. This will create a tremendous stress raiser and cause the arm to fail at the top thread cut by the block. The arm should be positioned 1 turn from bottoming out. Again use teflon tape to take out play, do not keep threading the arm down. Our blocks and arms should get a drop of oil every so often because of the closeness of the fit. Of course the best way to avoid a broken arm is to use our enhanced block with our virtual pop-in arm.

Does that sound like your problem?
I snapped my Johnson's whammy bar in half doing that Herman Li thing where he picks it up by the tremolo. I really don't care, it was $120. But towards the topic I think you may be monterous, that's my problem.
Standard strats are made in mexico (the factory is actually about 150 miles from the american plant fwiw)

American strats ("made in america" on the headstock, flag stickers in the store) are made in Corona, California.