I recently have become interested in getting an acoustic guitar and don't know which one to buy. I have about about a $300-400 dollar price range. The two guitars that I have looked into so far were the Breedlove Passport D20 FS and The Yamaha FG730s. I am leaning towards the Breedlove, but I am open to suggestions. I also can't go to a store to try them out because there are only two crappy acoustics at the store I go to.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
The Breedlove passport isn't even a concert sized guitar... it also doesn't go by standard tuning. The passport is tuned to an "A" instead of the standard "E". I think your best bet is to go with the FG730; I've played a lot of Yamaha guitars and the majority of them are rather good. If you're looking to plug in, you might want to try the FG750 since maple is a better tonewood for sustain.
I'd go for the Yamaha personally on the basis of quality and reliability. I haven't tried the Breedlove but I know Yamaha are good for a low price. But whichever suits you.
listen to shinoda. the breedlove passport guitar is a miniature guitar... like the baby taylor... not the big baby taylor, the baby taylor. it isn't at all what you are looking for. the yamaha fg730s would be an excellent choice.
I think I'm going to go with the Yamaha. I didn't know the Breedlove was a miniature guitar, because I no nothing about acoustics. Thanks for all the help everyone.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything