Hey all,
At my house i have a back to base alarm system. What this means is that since i dont have a filter installed, every time the phone rings, my internet cuts off for about 30 seconds. This is normally ok, except for when i am streaming video's. Lets say im watching a vid on youtube, for example, and the phone rings. My internet will be cut off, and i wait 30 seconds for it to come back on so that i can resume my video. No, to keep watching my video, i have to disconnect and reconnect the internet if i am in firefox, or refresh the page if i am in IE. So, to make things easier, lets assume that i am watching everything in IE, since then i dont have to reconnect to the net - since i was cut off from the internet, my computer has forgotten the part of the video that had already loaded, so it has to start again. This is a huge problem if i am trying to stream a movie or something, because i can never get the whole way through it!

Is there any way that i can make my computer resume loading the video without having to refresh the page?

Thanks in advance,
insta
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Unplug the phone.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
that would work, except then people cant call us, and we cant call anyone
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

I don't know of any way to solve your problem, but I do know of a tool that saves streaming videos to your computer. It's an addon to Mozilla Firefox and saves them as flash files, which can be played by VLC media player. It's called Fast Video Download. I guess it comes down to you downloading all streaming videos if you decide to, but at least you won't lose your place.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3590
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Thanks a lot darkstar, i'll have a look at it. But im not sure if it will work;
1. sometimes Firefox can't start download itself (in Downloads window) until page with videoplayer is open or video isn't loaded completely.

since the video will get lost after the phone rings, it too will have to start again i think... I hope it works, though
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Ok I just tested it out. You don't need to be playing the video or have the page open to download the file. Just open the page initially and click on the icon to download the video and you're set.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Ah, thank you!
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far