Hey, I'm sure this has happened to many people but I was wondering if there is a way to fix it. My Xbox 360 lights up red on 3 sides of the circles whenever i turn it on (instead of green). my life is so boring without it. Is there anyway to fix this?
Two of these now on the same page, i think xbox's everywhere are performing some sort of cult mass suicide
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
The Red Ring Of Death! Whoever came up with that name
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Lol it's (unfortunately) a common problem. The Red Ring of Death means that a hardware failure has occurred within the machine. Probably caused by overheating according to the people who've sent their 360s to microsoft for repair and received it with an extra heat sink. If you've got a proof of purchase or warranty, you can send it to Microsoft and theyll fix it for you. Other than that, there's not really much else you can do.
Quote by guitarfreak042
Hey, I'm sure this has happened to many people but I was wondering if there is a way to fix it. My Xbox 360 lights up red on 3 sides of the circles whenever i turn it on (instead of green). my life is so boring without it. Is there anyway to fix this?

So why don't you play guitar? Your name is guitar freak after all.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
if my 360 is standing up tall and straight and all but the bottom left "quadrants" light up red? what the **** do i do?
Ah, the dreaded Red Ring of Death. I'm sorry to tell you, your ****ed. Some people have gotten it fixed though, or a refurbished replacement......
Quote by screamsoftly
So why don't you play guitar? Your name is guitar freak after all.

**** ghuitar its so boring an dtheres never annything to play
Quote by guitarfreak042
if my 360 is standing up tall and straight and all but the bottom left "quadrants" light up red? what the **** do i do?

Send it to microsoft and have them repair it. Its not home-fixable. If its not under warranty, you better save up for a new one.

so what the **** now??? thats it? **** microsoft to hell its just a bick ****ing scam **** you all :fiinger:
When you call microsoft complain about the $170 they charge and the will drop it to $60. Thats what I did about 2 months ago when mine crashed without a warranty.
Quote by guitarfreak042
**** ghuitar its so boring an dtheres never annything to play

Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
The new ones have Lifetime warranty
YAY
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
to TS: Do you still have a warranty?
If so you can get it repaired for free, but if you don't you still haggle them price of the repair down...
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
Quote by guitarfreak042
so what the **** now??? thats it? **** microsoft to hell its just a bick ****ing scam **** you all :fiinger:

Then buy a PS3

Quote by guitarfreak042

What the hell?
You should be glad they will fix it for you.
try the towel trick.
Quote by Tombe
Shut your noise, I was 18 when I had mine. About 30 seconds later the girl was sick on me. I'm not sure if the two events were related.
yep i got the ring of death too it totaly sucks but the new x box's are fixed so it wont happen and look on the good side u can get one of the new x boxs in black with an 80 gig hard drive and hdmi port
XBOX 360 sucks anyway. I was looking for a game today (as all I’ve ever had is Perfect Dark and Oblivion) and there was absolutely nothing. All there is, is sport games and crappy futuristic shooting games. Rubbish!!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Red ring of death man. You're pretty much screwed, as I'm sure you know by now.

Yeah, go for a PS3 - once there's a few more games out (say Octobertime) - GTA IV anyone? (I know it's on both, but they're having space issues with the 360.) However, you can't guarantee that in a year all the PS3s won't be crashing. I doubt it though, Sony are generally pretty reliable.
Quote by josh999x
yep i got the ring of death too it totaly sucks but the new x box's are fixed so it wont happen and look on the good side u can get one of the new x boxs in black with an 80 gig hard drive and hdmi port

yea just anoth 500 dollars !!